Our Advertisers Help Support The Newberg Report Adams & Company Real Estate - Exceptional Properities of North Texas   

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Like I said I have no problem with any race, but when the Rangers position players are 5-10% white and are all leaving (vs MLB avg of ~60%) something seems off. Would be the same issue if there were 0 Latino (vs MLB avg of ~28%) . I just hope there isnt any bias one way or the other - They should field the best players regardless of race.

There may not be any bias/problem - just appears odd statistically - like if you had an entire team of African Americans in the NHL
    Last edited by Txguy; 12-03-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Everything will be great as soon as we get rid of all of you gringos.

Starting Rotation
    This is a good trade on paper. Choice has much more potential as a player. I will miss Gentry as he was a favorite of mines... but this could possibly work out better for us in the long run.

Bullpen Coach
    I think JD hates white baseball players. Expect Holland and Colby to be gone next. (sarcasm)

Bullpen Coach
    lets talk about the trade, I really like it for the rangers get two good players, it gives leoyns martin the chance to have the center field spot to himself. they gave us there second best prospect and 90 overall prospect in Michael Choice who is going to be are LF/RF of the future, who is a cheaper nelson cruz and also 2B Chris Bostick has some power too and is only 20 yrs old and has a lot of potential, who we could use in a trade later in time or could be our future 2B

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryred View Post
    lets talk about the trade, I really like it for the rangers get two good players, it gives leoyns martin the chance to have the center field spot to himself. they gave us there second best prospect and 90 overall prospect in Michael Choice who is going to be are LF/RF of the future, who is a cheaper nelson cruz and also 2B Chris Bostick has some power too and is only 20 yrs old and has a lot of potential, who we could use in a trade later in time or could be our future 2B
    Or could Bostick be a future 3B or 1B?

Starting Rotation
    I think Bostik is trade bait he is blocked by Odor. Choice I really like. Gentry has shown what he was great speed great glove good arm but limited power. Choice has plus speed, plus bat, decent glove and decent arm. I will take it for LF.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by guitargod5348 View Post
    I think Bostik is trade bait he is blocked by Odor. Choice I really like. Gentry has shown what he was great speed great glove good arm but limited power. Choice has plus speed, plus bat, decent glove and decent arm. I will take it for LF.
    ......Choice doesn't appear to be a SB threat.
    Upon acquiring Greg Goosen on waivers from the Dodgers, Mets Manager, Casey Stengel introduced him with "This is Greg Goosen. He's 19 years old, and in 10 years he's got a chance to be 29 ".

Bullpen Coach
    he could play 3B, he got a strong arm from what I heard about him, idk about 1B

Starting Rotation
    I assume this most recent acquisition will subside any thoughts that Cruz could be coming back as anything more than DH? And probably not even that.