Our Advertisers Help Support The Newberg Report Adams & Company Real Estate - Exceptional Properities of North Texas   

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Draft

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    What owner would keep a GM with his track record for as long as he has? Just because you are tired of hearing it doesnt make it any less true. Just because it wont happen also doesnt mean we should just accept it.

I dont need the 2013 season to play out. We have already had 16 years before this one.

I wouldnt include Arkin or Lissemore in a list that is trying to prove your point.
    You want see me defend JJ. My point was why keep making a point that will never change. It just isn't going to happen. So either simply accept that, or root for another team at this point. And Arkin you have an argument, but Lissemore not at all. That is a pretty damn good player that was had in the 7th round - complete success by any definition.

I guess it could be worse. We could have 0 playoff wins instead of 1 in the last 17 years. Yeah he drafted pretty well inthe two drafts before last one but you could see he was back to his same tricks. Who changes their draft board at the last minute so they don't have to draft a player?

It won't change is music to his ears. Now he won't have to answer to anybody as he collects the money. I will just keep on doing my part until enough people see the light. Yeah, great owner.

I guess it could be worse. We could have 0 playoff wins instead of 1 in the last 17 years. Yeah he drafted pretty well inthe two drafts before last one but you could see he was back to his same tricks. Who changes their draft board at the last minute so they don't have to draft a player?

It won't change is music to his ears. Now he won't have to answer to anybody as he collects the money. I will just keep on doing my part until enough people see the light. Yeah, great owner.
    Keep beating the drum. I care enough about my team to beat the same drum. The only way to make Jerry wake up and change anything of significant value is to stop filling the seats. He doesn't care about winning nearly as much as he cares about keeping butts in those seats and selling those jerseys. If the stands aren't full, just maybe he will finally realize that to continue making money hand over fist he has to do things a bit different.

MVP
    Thought I would be fair to the rest of you and apologize for some previous statements defending Jerry. I was listening to the radio yesterday when someone in the "war room" was interviewed.

He said the following:

- Garrett wanted to take Floyd
    - The scouts consensus after discussion was to take Floyd
    - It appeared that Jerry was leaning toward Floyd

They "an un-named assistant" was asked about Floyd and that assistant stated: he didn't need Floyd, they were good on defensive line, and he thought trading down and getting picks was better value.

I have ZERO DOUBT in my mind that the assistant was our new defensive co-coordinator. This pisses me off.

Why would you take the opinion of your new assistant coach over the collective of your own, your head coach and most importantly your head coach? ESPECIALLY given that head coach was not at all involved in the scouting process?

Why does our new assistant coach feel like they don't need depth given every member of the starting D-line is over 30?

The is all even more alarming given that I didn't really even care much for Floyd. I personally think he plays slow and takes plays off. For his talent he should have had WAY better college stats.
    Beau

Quote Originally Posted by texdrake View Post
    Thought I would be fair to the rest of you and apologize for some previous statements defending Jerry. I was listening to the radio yesterday when someone in the "war room" was interviewed.

He said the following:

- Garrett wanted to take Floyd
    - The scouts consensus after discussion was to take Floyd
    - It appeared that Jerry was leaning toward Floyd

They "an un-named assistant" was asked about Floyd and that assistant stated: he didn't need Floyd, they were good on defensive line, and he thought trading down and getting picks was better value.

I have ZERO DOUBT in my mind that the assistant was our new defensive co-coordinator. This pisses me off.

Why would you take the opinion of your new assistant coach over the collective of your own, your head coach and most importantly your head coach? ESPECIALLY given that head coach was not at all involved in the scouting process?

Why does our new assistant coach feel like they don't need depth given every member of the starting D-line is over 30?

The is all even more alarming given that I didn't really even care much for Floyd. I personally think he plays slow and takes plays off. For his talent he should have had WAY better college stats.

The Draft

Yep. JJ is horrid and Stephen is just like him. Basically no hope unless they sell the team. Thanks for making us the laughing stock. Oakland Raiders East.

And WR is a need. How many games do you expect Austin and his hamstrings to play in? Thats even if he shows up to the games that he is able to play.
    Yup...as long as Jerry is running things the boys will always be around 7-9, 8-8 or so....just bad decisions like the trade down this year. It would be one thing to trade down if you knew HOW to draft, but JJ doesn't.

Robert
    Robert

After the Floyd/Trade/Fredricks situation I think they had a good draft. They took the best player on their board at pretty much every pick. They didn't fill needs, but I think you get into trouble in the NFL draft by trying to fill needs. Get talent in the draft, fill holes in FA. Escobar, Williams, Willcox, Webb, Randle, and Holloman are a very good collection of talent. They also brought in a few good players as priority FA. After the first round goof up I think its a solid B level draft for talent, if you're grading for need its worse then that.

MVP
    Quote Originally Posted by pibrew View Post
    Yup...as long as Jerry is running things the boys will always be around 7-9, 8-8 or so....just bad decisions like the trade down this year. It would be one thing to trade down if you knew HOW to draft, but JJ doesn't.

Robert
    To be fair he drafted pretty damn well the last two years..

Quote Originally Posted by Derinyar View Post
    After the Floyd/Trade/Fredricks situation I think they had a good draft. They took the best player on their board at pretty much every pick. They didn't fill needs, but I think you get into trouble in the NFL draft by trying to fill needs. Get talent in the draft, fill holes in FA. Escobar, Williams, Willcox, Webb, Randle, and Holloman are a very good collection of talent. They also brought in a few good players as priority FA. After the first round goof up I think its a solid B level draft for talent, if you're grading for need its worse then that.
    Just because you took the best player on your board at every pick doesn't mean you had a good draft. What if your board is messed up?