Our Advertisers Help Support The Newberg Report Adams & Company Real Estate - Exceptional Properities of North Texas   

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Olt!

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Grove Rat View Post
    Thats also how I see him given the fact he'll be 27 or so when Beltre's contract runs out and as for as I know he's played no 1st base in Frisco yet. We also have a 3 year younger prospect thats pretty highly rated (Villanueva).
    What if Olt is the better 3rd baseman in 2014. Would you consider moving Beltre to 1st base? I know I would! I'd already be talking to Beltre about it so it's not a shock when we eventually do ask him to move.

Bond strong between Ranger prospects

"I make Profar call me Big Daddy," Olt joked. "He's a little brother to me. We just joke around with it. He’s young. He’s only 19 but he acts like he's 25. He's real mature for his age and he's fun to be around because he's always happy. You don't know if he's 0-for-5. He's started off the season slow and you can't even tell. You need someone like that during the season to be around. Obviously he’s one of the best shortstops in the game. He's a lot of fun to be around because he’s always happy, you kind of build off that. There are a lot of balls hit to him and you don’t know how he makes a play but he makes a play and helps the team out in a lot of ways."

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/04...88&feedID=3799

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyt12 View Post
    What if Olt is the better 3rd baseman in 2014. Would you consider moving Beltre to 1st base? I know I would! I'd already be talking to Beltre about it so it's not a shock when we eventually do ask him to move.
    Sure and that might be what happens.

Bob (NYC): Does Olt have a higher ceiling than Moreland? More likely to be used as trade bait or called up to man 1b? and when? Thanks for the chat.

Matthew Eddy: It would be awfully hard for the Rangers to part with Double-A third baseman Mike Olt, given his potential on both sides of the ball, though he would make make a fine centerpiece of a potential trade. After all, the Rangers have a chance to join some pretty elite company if they win a third straight AL pennant (especially at a time when both Boston and New York have been consistently competitive, which was not really the case when Oakland or Baltimore won three AL flags in a row). If they keep Olt, then yes he could give them a reasonable facsimile of Moreland at 1B by the second half of next season (while also being able to spell Beltre when needed.)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/chat/?1336755450

Prospect Hot Sheet

No. 12 MIKE OLT, 3B
    RANGERS
    Team: Double-A Frisco (Texas)
    Why He's Here: .400/.464/.720 (10-for-25), 6 R, 2 2B, 2 HR, 9 RBIs, 3 BB, 10 Ks.
    The Scoop: Olt's encore to his breakout 2011 season is proving to be even more impressive. The third baseman has kept his power in his jump to Double-A. He has raised his batting average, on-base percentage and slugging percentage. His power comes with some swing-and-miss (he's currently working on a 12-game streak of at least one K per game), but when you put the ball over the fence as much as Olt does, the Rangers will be able to live with a few strikeouts.
    Mike Olt Player Card

No. 13 CODY BUCKEL, RHP
    RANGERS
    Team: High Class A Myrtle Beach (Carolina)
    Why He's Here: 1-0, 0.00, 1 GS, 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 9 Ks.
    The Scoop: Trevor Bauer's offseason workout partner is putting up numbers that seem Bauer-esque. Buckel's 1.19 ERA leads the Carolina League by more than a full run. He has even added Bauer's reverse slider to his bag of tricks lately. In an organization overflowing with prospects, none has had a better start to the season than Buckel. He hasn't allowed a run in half of his 10 starts this season, and both lefties and righties are hitting him at less than a .160 clip.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2613487.html

Mike Olt is using his first Double-A season as a learning experience. Texas League pitchers are learning to fear him.

Olt has been on a torrid pace, homering four times and driving in 13 runs in his last eight games. He's 15-for-33 with nine runs scored during that stretch to raise his average to .304, the highest it's been since the third game of the season.

"I think the key has been the approach and staying with it," Olt said. "Early in the season, I started second-guessing things and doing things I couldn't handle. Now I just trust the approach and stick with it. I just try and stay in the middle of the field and adjust to the corners. I look middle and just adjust."

The 23-year-old third baseman ranks second in the Texas League with 39 RBIs and is tied for third with 13 homers. His .980 OPS places him fourth in the circuit and he's second with 110 total bases in his first time around the league.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...vkey=news_milb

Jason Cole ‏@LoneStarDugout
    In his last 30 games, Frisco 3B Mike Olt is hitting .374/.471/.704 with eight doubles, 10 homers, 20 walks, and 29 strikeouts.

So Mike Olt hit another home run. His fifth in three days.

J.P. ‏@Jaypers413
    Frisco's Mike Olt struck again, as he hit his 16th HR. #Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by mingjungtc View Post
    In his last 30 games, Frisco 3B Mike Olt is hitting .374/.471/.704 with eight doubles, 10 homers, 20 walks, and 29 strikeouts.

So Mike Olt hit another home run. His fifth in three days.

J.P. ‏@Jaypers413
    Frisco's Mike Olt struck again, as he hit his 16th HR. #Rangers
    Hot afternoon in Frisco.

Not as hot as Mr. Olt though.

Gracious
    "The Bill of Rights, jazz music and baseball...That's all we'll be remembered for anyway."

GM
    So does JD decide Olt needs a full year in AA or does he get called up? Part of me wants him to stay in AA and move to AAA next year just to continue to build his trade value.

GM
    His trade value is so incredibly high right now