Our Advertisers Help Support The Newberg Report Adams & Company Real Estate - Exceptional Properities of North Texas    
Jurickson Profar - The Newberg Report

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jurickson Profar

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Since Oscar Taveras was mentioned, I must say that he's one of the handful of players that I'd target in trade discussions. I keep thinking that St. Louis and Texas might be able to work out a deal considering the fluidity/uncertainty of the 1B, 3B and OF situations of both organizations. Also, Furcal is signed through just 2013 and their doesn't seem to be an heir to the position there. Make a trade that centers around Andrus and Taveras. I'll keep Profar.

    Comment


    • I would rather not see Elvis in Yankee pinstripes. If we could make him a national leaguer for the expensive part of his career I would feel better.
      When a team is at the bottom, the problem is usually at the top.

      Comment


      • I would like to see Profar stay and Elvis get signed long term. I just really love the idea of watching them two play the infield together. I think Kinsler can handle first or handle a move to the outfield.

        Comment


        • I wouldn't have bought into that as much before the year.. especially considering how good of a defender Kinsler was last year. This year, he looks lost.

          Comment


          • HR in the 1st AB for Profar in Futures game.

            Not afraid to be great.
            "The Bill of Rights, jazz music and baseball...That's all we'll be remembered for anyway."

            Comment


            • in the futures game

              Scott Lucas ‏@scottrlucas
              Jurickson Profar homers to right off KC's Jake Odorizzi, who's pitching well in AAA.

              Comment


              • Eight Futures Game Highlights

                1. Jurickson Profar, (Near) Future Star

                When we put together our Midseason Top 50, Rangers shortstop Jurickson Profar started out as the top prospect in baseball. Yet after consulting with several pro scouting directors and other scouts and executives across the game, it became clear that most teams preferred Orioles righthander Dylan Bundy.

                While Bundy has all the ingredients of a future ace, Profar has the makings of a star. And, much like Mike Trout, Profar may not be far away from becoming one of the best players in the American League. Profar's tools aren't quite as loud as Trout's, but his hitting, offensive approach and fundamentally-sound defense are remarkably advanced for a 19-year-old and should ease his major league transition.

                "Profar is a special, special player," said one American League scout. "Think about a guy who's a teenager. He controls the strike zone, plays a premium position and he's got some sock in his bat."

                Profar has a loose, easy swing that stays in the hitting zone a long time and helps him hit to all fields. He recognizes pitches well and he's comfortable hitting in any count, as he showed on Sunday when Royals righthander Jake Odorizzi threw a 1-2 fastball up in the zone that Profar laced over the right-field fence for a home run.

                "I had two strikes, so I was just trying to make contact and not strike out," Profar said. "He left it up and I had a good swing on it."


                http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2613679.html

                Comment


                • ESPN.com's Keith Law has updated his top-50 prospect rankings and Double-A Frisco shortstop Jurickson Profar is now No. 1 overall. Here's what Law says about him:

                  Profar has the ultimate mark of an elite prospect. He keeps improving even as he is challenged with better competition. In this case, the Rangers jumped him two levels to Double-A at age 19, where he has continued to hit for average, get on base, make contact, show surprising power for his size, hit from both sides of the plate and play plus defense. There's no real hole in his game, and he looks like he'll be more than ready for the majors before he turns 21 -- another mark of a potential superstar -- if the Rangers can create a spot for him.


                  There's another Ranger on the list: Mike Olt comes in at No. 46.


                  http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas...s-top-prospect

                  Comment


                  • “After (batting practice), Jayce Tingler and I talked to Jurickson and said, ‘Hey man, no home runs there in BP! What happened? No power?’” Daly said sarcastically. Tingler is the Rangers' minor league field coordinator.

                    Daly said that Profar responded by saying, “I’m a game player.”

                    Sure enough, the Curacao native hit a home run in the first at-bat of his second Futures Game.

                    “He loves the stage. He loves the lights. Loves the pressure. He embraces it,” said Daly, one of the recommending scouts when the Rangers signed Profar on July 2, 2009. “Although, he did tell me this was his last Futures Game.”

                    That’s when it sounds like the joking turns to a serious tone. In order for Profar to not play in the Futures Game next season, there would have to be a position re-location for a current Rangers middle infielder, or Ron Washington would manage to find time for Profar as a utility player, or Profar would get traded.


                    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas...t-futures-game

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
                      “After (batting practice), Jayce Tingler and I talked to Jurickson and said, ‘Hey man, no home runs there in BP! What happened? No power?’” Daly said sarcastically. Tingler is the Rangers' minor league field coordinator.

                      Daly said that Profar responded by saying, “I’m a game player.”

                      Sure enough, the Curacao native hit a home run in the first at-bat of his second Futures Game.

                      “He loves the stage. He loves the lights. Loves the pressure. He embraces it,” said Daly, one of the recommending scouts when the Rangers signed Profar on July 2, 2009. “Although, he did tell me this was his last Futures Game.”

                      That’s when it sounds like the joking turns to a serious tone. In order for Profar to not play in the Futures Game next season, there would have to be a position re-location for a current Rangers middle infielder, or Ron Washington would manage to find time for Profar as a utility player, or Profar would get traded.


                      http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas...t-futures-game
                      After watching Kinsler's "defense" as of late, it would be cool to see Ian shift to LF next season and have Profar start at second.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RangersApologist View Post
                        After watching Kinsler's "defense" as of late, it would be cool to see Ian shift to LF next season and have Profar start at second.
                        How much of Profars defense have you seen?

                        He has been known to have his lapses as well.
                        "The Bill of Rights, jazz music and baseball...That's all we'll be remembered for anyway."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 363dp View Post
                          How much of Profars defense have you seen?

                          He has been known to have his lapses as well.
                          From what I've seen of him at Frisco he is pretty good. I am just trying to find a way for him to start here next season. Not advocating him coming up this season.

                          Comment


                          • So I'd love to see a real scout talk about how to get Elvis and Profar on the field at the same time. Profar to 2B or Elvis?

                            Seriously, could we see the following next year?

                            SS - Andrus
                            2B - Profar
                            3B - Beltre
                            1B - Olt
                            Last edited by Blade; 07-16-2012, 07:56 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Not only could but probably will.
                              There is a lot of ball left this year and things could change between now and then.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Blade View Post
                                So I love to see a real scout talk about how to get Elvia and Profar on the field at the same time. Profar to 2B or Elvis?

                                Seriously, could we see the following next year?

                                SS - Andrus
                                2B - Profar
                                3B - Beltre
                                1B - Olt
                                Profar at this point.
                                "The Bill of Rights, jazz music and baseball...That's all we'll be remembered for anyway."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X