Ledarius Clark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ledarius Clark

Eye-catching numbers so far and impressive athleticism. Here's video of him hitting a walk-off home run in college: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Km9LgXd5Q. How did this guy last until the twelve round?
    Our brief time at the top of the baseball world was fun while it lasted. I hate the 2013 baseball season already.

This might be the reason:

East Mississippi Community College center fielder Ledarious Clark has heard it all.

He’s a head case, hard to coach – he’ll never make it in the majors.

Coming out of Southeast Lauderdale High School, many thought it was a sure thing that Clark would be taken in last year’s MLB Draft. However, a rumor of Clark’s poor attitude on the field played a heavy role in shying away MLB teams, and Clark went undrafted.

http://www.meridianstar.com/sports/c...91e2ec0ad.html

After signing to play both baseball and football at EMCC, Clark decided college would be a new start. Determined to shake the notion of his poor character, he took to doing the only thing he knew how, letting his play on the field speak for itself.

“The key for me with Ledarious is that you have to understand he’s going to get mad sometimes,” Rose said. “That’s OK with me, I’d rather have a kid get mad than get sad. I just tried to make sure he was mad about the right thing. When he struck out, I wanted to make sure he understood he struck out because he took this pitch 0-0. Don’t just get mad that you struck out, get mad about the right things.”

The increased production came as no surprise to Rose who said Clark has the most tools out of anyone he has ever coached. Talent has never been an issue for Clark. On top of speed and an above average arm in the outfield, Rose said Clark has an almost unlimited amount power at the plate.

“Oh brother, if you come watch him hit the baseball, it is stupid what’s in there,” Rose said. “When he taps into it, he hits the ball halfway up the light towers. There is some serious raw power in there.”

Comment

I hate when people use the word "stupid" that way..

Comment

LeDarious Clark and Omarlin Lopez both continued impressive early-season streaks as the Spokane Indians collected 12 hits on way to an 8-2 win over the Boise Hawks in front of 4,040 fans at Avista Stadium on Monday night.

Clark extended his hitting streak to 16 games with a double in the seventh inning. The streak is the longest a Spokane player has had since Royce Bolinger hit safely in 23-straight games in 2012. Clark finished the game 2-for-3 with two RBI, a walk, two stolen bases and an impressive catch in left field. The 12th-round 2015 draft pick leads the Northwest League in stolen bases (9) and is second in batting average (.406).

http://www.krem.com/story/sports/201...oise/29803373/

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
          LeDarious Clark and Omarlin Lopez both continued impressive early-season streaks as the Spokane Indians collected 12 hits on way to an 8-2 win over the Boise Hawks in front of 4,040 fans at Avista Stadium on Monday night.

Clark extended his hitting streak to 16 games with a double in the seventh inning. The streak is the longest a Spokane player has had since Royce Bolinger hit safely in 23-straight games in 2012. Clark finished the game 2-for-3 with two RBI, a walk, two stolen bases and an impressive catch in left field. The 12th-round 2015 draft pick leads the Northwest League in stolen bases (9) and is second in batting average (.406).

http://www.krem.com/story/sports/201...oise/29803373/

Everything Clark is doing is stupid. Hopefully, his stupidity continues. I'd like to think that this idiot has a future in the bigs.

Comment

2 for 4, 1Run, 2 SB; 18 game on base streak starts his pro career and now having a 17 game hitting streak.

1st in the league: Avg (.418), OBP (.483), Run (20), Hit (30), TB (46), SB (11),

2nd in the league: OPS (1.113), 3B (2)

4th: HR (3), SLG (.672)

5th: RBI (19)

Comment

this player has extreme talent. Is he destined for CF. Hitting like that would be a huge boon. Is he Rhed?
              Last edited by rainag; 07-08-2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

First at bat:
                Ledarius Clark doubles (4) on a ground ball to left fielder Eric Toole.
                --Clark has reached base in all 19 games of his pro career and has a hit in the last 18.

2nd at bat:
                Ledarius Clark homers (4) on a fly ball to right center field.
                --Clark has multiple hits in 9 of last 10 games.

Comment

Make that 3 for 3 only needs a triple for the cycle. Average up to 0.434. That is just silly.

Comment

and steals (12) 2nd base.
                    -- Clark now 1st in the league in SB

Comment

clark today 4 for 5 including (2) homeruns, double, stolen base

Comment

I'm trying to remember, who was the last draft pick to really annihilate the Northwest League right after being drafted? Chris Davis maybe?

Comment

Think he could be promoted to A Ball?

Comment

Clark, hitting from the leadoff spot, joined Vancouver’s Sean Hurley as the league leaders with five homers and extended his hitting streak to 18 games.

“Right now I’m just feeling great,” Clark said. “The guys are on a roll right now and we’re trying to get a good streak going. I just want to be a spark at the top of the lineup and get the guys going.”

Clark finished a triple shy of hitting for the cycle, taking his shot in the sixth inning with a hard lineout to left field.

“I was trying to get it in the gap somewhere and I ended up hitting it straight to him,” Clark said. “So my last at-bat (an eighth-inning homer) I was going to hit the ball and wherever it goes, it goes. (The cycle) was in my mind, definitely.”

Clark also leads the NWL in batting average (.436), hits (34), runs (23), stolen bases (12), total bases (57), on-base percentage (.500) and slugging percentage (.731). His hitting streak is tied with Adam Fox (2003) for the second best by the franchise in the last 15 years. Royce Bolinger had a 23-game streak in 2012.

“He’s making it look awfully easy,” Indians manager Tim Hulett said. “Anybody who has played knows it’s not an easy game, but he’s been in a groove and he’s been in it for a while now.”

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...medium=twitter

Clark homers twice in shutout of Boise

http://www.krem.com/story/sports/201...oise/29899201/

While his teammates joke with him about a possible promotion, he is trying to keep his mind on the field.

"I came out pretty confident in myself, but I still wasn't comfortable as I am right now. I just had to find my comfort level and get used to everything and go along with it," Clark said. "Everything's going well right now. I'm enjoying it while I can, because at some point, it's going to end. But right now, I'm just going with it.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._milb&sid=milb
                            Last edited by mingjungtc; 07-09-2015, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Ledarius Clark was as good as Joey Gallo last night

Comment

Working...
                              X