Round Rock Express

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tepid Participation @TepidP
    Nick Martinez settled and cruised after the second. Final line 5ip, 1h, 0er, 2bb, 5k, 91p(59s). Tanner Scheppers on now for Round Rock.

Round Rock @RRExpress
    .@nickmartinez10 was today! He blanks the Sounds on just one hit in 5.0 innings while striking out five. Tanner Scheppers on in the 6th!

Comment

The Texas Rangers signed Wilson, the Revs announced Tuesday during the club's short spring training.

The Revs said Wilson expects to be assigned to the Triple-A Round Rock Express. The signing marks Wilson's second stint with the Rangers. He appeared in 24 games for the Rangers in 2014.

Wilson, a journeyman infielder who played for nine different big-league franchises during an eight-year career in the majors, spent all of last season with York.

"As someone in my position, as a guy (in the majors) on the bench you are not there to contribute every day," Wilson said last year. "My role is to bring the energy I can bring every day and whenever I can get into the game. Give what you have and contribute when the opportunities arise. Whether the team is 30 games above .500 or 30 games below, my role and attitude stays the same."

He last appeared in the majors with the Detroit Tigers in 2015.

A Pittsburgh native, Wilson signed with the Revs before last season and helped the Revs win the first-half division title. He batted .255 with 28 doubles in 120 games for the Revs.

http://www.ydr.com/story/sports/base...son/100625034/

Comment

“They treat you like a person here,” Hoying said. “Sometimes you can get treated like a number (in other places). The organization (here) will do everything it can do to help you. I’m from a small town and Round Rock has that kind of small town vibe with people just helping people.”

It was hard for Hoying to describe the feeling of getting called up for the first time. He said he’s seen a lot of guys before him put in the work and get close, but for him to get over that final hurdle was both relieving and rewarding.

“All the blood sweat and tears and all the hard work paid off,” he said. “To kind of climb the ladder for the final time was great. I love Round Rock. It’s like a second home to me. But the ulti=mate goal is to get back to the big leagues.”

“It’s not quite a father-son relationship, but I’ve seen him grow through the years,” Wood said. “I saw him when he was very young and raw with a crazy batting stance. He’s a special one and he’s got a lot of baseball left in his career. When you’ve been with a guy for so long and you get to see his hard work pay off, it means a lot.”

http://www.hillcountrynews.com/sport...b52bb1010.html

Rangers 1B Ronald Guzman, Triple-A Round Rock: 3-for-5, HR, 4 RBI -- The Rangers' No. 4 prospect has been giving the big club something to think about in his first season on the 40-man roster. By going deep Monday for the second time, Guzman has already eclipsed his Triple-A homer total from 2016 in 45 fewer plate appearances. With three hits on the day, he's now batting .391/.440/.565 over 12 games, but there are signs those numbers are not sustainable, beyond his career .271/.325/.412 line. First, only three of his 18 hits have gone for extra bases. Second, he's posted a .432 BABIP, which will go down as some of those singles turn into outs, and his slash line will follow suit. On the flip side, Guzman's 14 percent strikeout rate would be the lowest of his career, should he maintain it. The Rangers don't need the left-handed slugger to push for the Majors yet following the signing of Mike Napoli this offseason, but he could help his chances at taking first base over the long term should this success continue.

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/prosp...20/t-185364810

Comment

Have a week, Drew Robinson ! The Round Rock Express outfielder has earned Player of the Week honors for the week of June 5 - June 11 as announced the by the Pacific Coast League office Monday afternoon. This is Robinson's fourth career weekly award and first at the Triple-A level.

The 25-year-old went 14-30 (.467) over the last seven games, including 10 extra-base hits. He scored 12 runs and knocked in 14 of the team's 59 runs. Six of Robinson's nine home runs this season came this past week, with three of them leading off the game. Robinson has now hit the Express' last four leadoff home runs dating back to September 3, 2016. In addition, his three doubles and a triple gave him 37 total bases for the week. He is just the second player since 2008 to record 37 or more total bases in a week. Reno's Mitch Haniger completed the feat July 18 - 24, 2016.

Robinson is batting .295 (57-193) with 30 RBI in 49 games in 2017. He started the season with the Texas Rangers, making his major league debut on April 5, before being optioned to Round Rock on April 12. He was recalled again by the big league club on May 28, but did not see any game action before returning to the Express on May 29. Robinson was originally drafted in the fourth round of the 2010 First Year Player Draft by the Rangers.

https://www.milb.com/express/news/dr...46/t-196093388

and 30 mins ago:

Round Rock Express @RRExpress
          #RRExpress 2B Drew Robinson has recorded four leadoff home runs in the last eight games

Comment

David Ledbetter 6.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 6 SO

Comment

Stefan Stevenson @StevensonFWST
              #Rangers RHP Chi Chi Gonzalez will have Tommy John surgey next week after recent setback. Dr. Meister will do it.

Evan Grant @Evan_P_Grant
              Chi Chi Gonzalez experienced more pain in his right elbow & will have TJ surgery; will miss all of 2018.
              Last edited by mingjungtc; 07-22-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X