No announcement yet.

Hickory Crawdads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexy is probably the most infamous high school pitcher in the Draft, having triggered a firestorm of criticism for his coach when he threw that 164-pitch, nine-inning complete game last month for Twin Valley High School in Elverson.

That said, Alexy became a poster boy for young pitcher arm abuse, to the point that his talent as a prospect took a back seat to the potential for injury.

"A.J. is 6-3, a lean right-hander who spins the ball and has a lot of projection."

Alexy pointed out that he was an undersized (5-foot-6, 120 pound) wrestler when he started high school, sprouted up and played catcher until transitioning to pitching in the middle of his junior season.

"My arm is fresh," he said.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/183545...cher-aj-alexy/

This season: SO9/BB9: 10.6/5.0

Jacob Lemoine 3.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 SO
    Last 12 games: 23.0 IP, 2 ER, 19 SO, 6 BB, ERA 0.78

Leody Taveras 3 for 6, 2 B, 3 B, 2 RBI, 3 R
    9 for 17 last 4 games, 6 R

Alex Kowalczyk 4 for 6, 2 R, 1 RBI
    13 for 22 last 5 games,

Comment

• kowalczyk has my attention. he certainly seems he can hit. dont know about catch. aj just gets that BB in control and they may really have something there

Comment

• Not a lot has been said about Yohel Pozo because of the supposed hazing incident. The DR has cleared him and the others without any charges though MLB is still looking into it. However, he's really hitting the ball at Hickory right now. Very hopeful for a catcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redcap View Post
          Not a lot has been said about Yohel Pozo because of the supposed hazing incident. The DR has cleared him and the others without any charges though MLB is still looking into it. However, he's really hitting the ball at Hickory right now. Very hopeful for a catcher.
          do love this guy too. Great name. Hopefully baseball has its act together better than football.

Comment

• Pozo can definitely hit but he is also Rule 5 eligible after this season.

Comment

• So, the Rangers add him to the 40 man. I think he's worthwhile and is one of those that another team would scoop up in a hurry.

Comment

• Texas Rangers Rule 5 Draft Eligibility
                http://rangers.scottlucas.com/site/rule5.htm

Yohel Pozo catch 28 games in 29 games he played, so the Rangers like him as a catcher. 11 CS/ 26 SB is lower than his 2014 26 CS/ 29 SB and 2015 34 CS/24SB.

MLB Pipeline @MLBPipeline
                Brendon Davis goes yard for @HickoryCrawdads, his first with @Rangers organization.
                Last edited by mingjungtc; 08-13-2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redcap View Post
                  So, the Rangers add him to the 40 man. I think he's worthwhile and is one of those that another team would scoop up in a hurry.
                  I don't know many teams that would scoop up a low A catcher like this and hold him on the 25 man roster all year, but it's possible I guess.

Comment

• On July 29, the Lakewood BlueClaws of the South Atlantic League, nestled nicely off Exit 89 of the Garden State Parkway in a picturesque setting known as FirstEnergy Park, took on the visiting Hickory Crawdads. It was a nice Saturday night on the Jersey Shore, a nice night for a ball game.

The Mendez family of Weehawken thought it was a good night for a ride to the shore, especially since Sal Mendez was playing for the Crawdads of the Texas Rangers organization, the Rangers’ Class A affiliate in Hickory, North Carolina.

Mendez pitched six scoreless innings of relief that night, allowing just four hits, walking one and striking out three. It was the left-hander’s best outing in a month of good outings, both as a starter and a reliever.

“I’m the same pitcher I’ve always been,” Mendez said. “I’m more of an intelligent pitcher now. I see things differently. One of the best things about minor league baseball is that you get to tour around the country. But it was absolutely great to be home, to see my family.”

“I threw the ball real well in spring training,” Mendez said. “All I threw was my fastball and my change-up. Throughout the organization, that’s what we were told to focus on. I got going in the right direction and I trusted my stuff.”

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/view/f...ance=jim_hauge

Comment

• Mark Parker @CrawdadsBeat
                      Going to try this again. Yohel Pozo has thrown out 10 of 26 trying to steal. Because reading is fundamental.

Comment

• Michael Matuella didn't allow a hit in five innings, leading the Hickory Crawdads over the Hagerstown Suns in a 3-0 win on Thursday.

Matuella (4-6) picked up the win after he struck out one and walked five.

In the third inning, Hickory went up 1-0 early on a single by Andretty Cordero that scored Eric Jenkins. The Crawdads scored again in the fourth when Yohel Pozo hit a solo home run and Brendon Davis hit an RBI single.

C.D. Pelham pitched two scoreless innings for his 10th save of the season.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/matuell...31bacae41.html

C.D. Pelham: 10 Saves and 2 HLD since June 25th. 29 SO/8 BB/8 H, 2 ER, ERA 0.79

Edgar Arredondo last 10 games 55 SO/6 BB, ERA 2.87
                        Last edited by mingjungtc; 08-18-2017, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• Jairo Beras 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO,

Comment

Working...
                          X