Our Advertisers Help Support The Newberg Report Adams & Company Real Estate - Exceptional Properities of North Texas    
Jairo Beras - The Newberg Report

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jairo Beras

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jairo Beras

The Rangers signed 17-year-old Dominican outfielder Jairo Beras for $4.5MM.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...howcase_020512
    "The Bill of Rights, jazz music and baseball...That's all we'll be remembered for anyway."

Comment

Ben Badler ‏ @BenBadler Reply Retweet Favorite Open
      Jairo Beras' DOB was listed as 12/25/95, giving teams and MLB the impression he was a July 2, 2012 guy. If he's 17, something has changed.

keithlaw ‏ @keithlaw
      Plus hit, projectable body, future plus power

Comment

A Preview Of 2012 Dominican Season With Dominican Prospect League President Brian Mejia:

He is considered at the top of the IFA market, he shows plus power, running and defense abilities. His projection ceiling is off the charts.

http://www.pinetarpress.com/?p=11455

Comment

And, it just keeps on coming. The #2 farm system in the game just keeps adding premium, high-celing talent. Along with a bevy of choices in the first 100 of this year's draft, along with the multitude of high draft choices they will get over the next couple of years from the likely departure of some combination of Hamilton, Napoli, Cruz, Lewis, Adams, Kinsler, and MY.....there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

Is this heaven? No, it's Texas Ranger baseball according to Jon Daniels.
          Last edited by Doug; 02-29-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Jeff Passan ‏ @JeffPassan
            Source who has spoken with Rangers people says team thinks MLB will OK the signing because other teams knew Beras' revised age.

Jeff Passan ‏ @JeffPassan
            Fascinating case about to unfold with Rangers giving 17-year-old Jairo Beras a $4.5M bonus. Until recently, was believed to be 16.

Comment

If, MLB approves it....I bet teams are gonna be PO'd.
              "The Bill of Rights, jazz music and baseball...That's all we'll be remembered for anyway."

Comment

6'5". 175 LBS...WOW...Throw that kid a bag of donuts!

Comment

And this is a case of the Rangers FO just simply being a step ahead of everyone else if this holds up. Truly brilliant

Comment

Jeff Passan@JeffPassan
                    • Source: MLB to immediately investigate Rangers' signing of Jairo Beras. MLB was under the impression Beras was 16, ineligible to be signed.

Comment

I hope not but do you think with all the previous age problems with foreign born players they will void the contract and make him wait until July 2? I know the Rangers had every right to sign him but afraid MLB will wimp out and bow down to the other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdman View Post
                        I hope not but do you think with all the previous age problems with foreign born players they will void the contract and make him wait until July 2? I know the Rangers had every right to sign him but afraid MLB will wimp out and bow down to the other teams.
                        Who knows. See the link I posted earlier? Beras was at a showcase for "16 year olds" less than a month ago.

We'll see.

Comment

The fine details are not that important to Rangers' fans, because what is important is that Jon Daniels has done it again. His desire is for the franchise to be successful for many years and he was able to make another move to keep that going. The new CBA will make it more difficult for Daniels to keep making these moves and surprisingly he managed to pull off one more before the changes take place.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...medium=twitter

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...repancy_022912
                            While the Rangers declined comment Wednesday, a source who had spoken with the team said the Rangers believe they signed Beras legally and expect MLB to validate the contract.
                            Others around baseball are not so sure. A livid official contacted MLB about the deal, wondering how a player could age one year within one month.

“The birth certificate he provided said he was 16,” an MLB source said.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...stry-scrutiny/

If he is using a new date of birth, Beras could be in trouble beyond MLB. In April 2011, Beras represented the Dominican Republic in an international tournament in Barquisimeto, Venezuela. At the tournament, Beras was also listed with a Dec. 25, 1995 date of birth, with one roster listing his name as Jairo Veras (scouts from other organizations confirmed that they are the same person).

Comment

I get the feeling that this won't stand.

Comment

Working...
                              X