2011 Rangers Fan Survey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Rangers Fan Survey

Note: I first posted this link in the Off Topic section, but the powers that be gave me the OK to repost this in the main section.

I recently started a hobby fan site that would post stats and info on the people sitting in the crowd at the Ballpark, or at home rooting for the Texas Rangers. As a part of the site I created a survey specifically for Rangers fans.

So far there have been a good amount of survey respondents - enough to provide some interesting findings - but I want to make sure that the results include an accurate sampling of all fans, including the Newberg Report fanbase.

Please take 5-min (or less) to complete the survey:

http://rangersfanstats.com/2011/04/0...rs-fan-survey/

The survey will be open through the end of the month, so please participate now.

If there is a large enough number of Newberg Report readers that participate, then I create a special report of findings specifically to NR readers and post it here, in addition to the findings for all Rangers fans.

In order to do that I need everyone to mark their survey submissions. At the end of the survey there is a form where it asks you to submit your name and email if you want to stay up-to-date on surveys and results. You are not required to submit your name or email, but please put the word Newberg in the name field (along with your name, if you want to receive the survey results once they are completed).

Also, please let me know if you have any good questions or topics for followup surveys.

Go Rangers!

Chris Wilson
    @RangersFanStats
    @FreshPeel
    Last edited by freshpeel; 04-13-2011, 10:50 AM.

Grading baseball teams' slogans

Grade: C

Texas Rangers -- My Texas. My Rangers.

This is the only team slogan that makes me somewhat scared. It has a certain "From my cold, dead hands!" feel to it. But I prefer this slogan to a possible more literal version: "Texas Rangers: Beware! Our Fans Are Packing."

Grade: A

Chicago Cubs -- It's A Way Of Life

Florida Marlins -- Catch Our Moves!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...s&sportCat=mlb

Comment

It's going to be hard to beat last year's slogan -- It's Time

You make a good point though. Maybe a future survey get opinions from fans on slogans and ask them for ideas. I've seen some marketingish quips from fans on Twitter and FB, so I know there are some fresh ideas out there.

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
        Grade: A

Chicago Cubs -- It's A Way Of Life[/url]
        I think it would be more accurate to go this this one:

Chicago Cubs -- It's A Way Of Life, as long as your liver holds out.

Comment

The Cubs slogan should be: A great place for your after game party. That's all Wrigley is now.. a place to be seen and a place to get drunk.

Comment

Fav radio station: I put i'm outta range for 103.3 (and 1310) but can listen to the fan......
            "I humbly promise I will do my level-best not to be douche-baggy to the best of my abilities"~ josh Lewin 4/6/10

Comment

I put Arthur Rhodes as my favorite player this year.

Comment

I think it's a good, well designed survey and would appreciate seeing the end result posted here when it's an appropriate time. Several of the questions dealt with issues that anyone on limited income or distressed means would find inapplicable, but in the main, including technology, communications media, and things that indicate spending in order to follow the team all look well composed and useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post
                  I think it would be more accurate to go this this one:

Chicago Cubs -- It's A Way Of Life, as long as your liver holds out.
                  Chicago Cubs -- Eventually!

And I'm pretty interested in seeing the results of this
                  Last edited by MonkeyEpoxy; 04-13-2011, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edcoffin View Post
                    I think it's a good, well designed survey and would appreciate seeing the end result posted here when it's an appropriate time. Several of the questions dealt with issues that anyone on limited income or distressed means would find inapplicable, but in the main, including technology, communications media, and things that indicate spending in order to follow the team all look well composed and useful.
                    Thanks. The main idea was to string together a series of questions that would help identify different types of Rangers fans. We'll have to see how it turns out, but I think segmenting everyone into different groups will be more useful than looking at all of the results by themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyEpoxy View Post

And I'm pretty interested in seeing the results of this
                      I will definitely post something here letting everyone know when the results are published.

Comment

There was that last question on page 6. It was yes or no....

I didn't see:
                        I have a DVR
                        I can multi-task
                        "I humbly promise I will do my level-best not to be douche-baggy to the best of my abilities"~ josh Lewin 4/6/10

Comment

Originally posted by red3biggs View Post
                          There was that last question on page 6. It was yes or no....

I didn't see:
                          I have a DVR
                          I can multi-task
                          So I assume you are talking about the, "Have you ever passed up sex to watch the Rangers," question. LOL. Yeah the Lone Star Ball guys seemed to think that question should have had more choices as well.

Comment

Originally posted by freshpeel View Post
                            I will definitely post something here letting everyone know when the results are published.
                            thanks for giving us the link and for posting the results in the future
                            "You never know, how bootyholes is gonna act." - Ron Washingon

Comment

Survey results have been posted here: 2011 Texas Rangers Fan Survey Results

Comment

Working...
                              X