The Sam Dyson trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sam Dyson trade

I am surprised we have NOT heard what we are getting back in return for him. The longer this goes, it makes me think we are only getting cash. The Giants farm is pretty weak, but they do have a couple of nice prospects that I would be interested in.

Originally posted by Mavsman53 View Post
    I am surprised we have NOT heard what we are getting back in return for him. The longer this goes, it makes me think we are only getting cash. The Giants farm is pretty weak, but they do have a couple of nice prospects that I would be interested in.
    think you are right unfortunately

Comment

One possibility is the list of PTBNL includes player eligible for selection in the Rule 5 Draft. The Rangers will wait till after rule 5 to pick the player.
      Last edited by mingjungtc; 10-12-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

This is something to keep an eye on. Dyson did record 14 saves for SF. JD knew what he was doing at the time. If Lucroy could get us Pedro Gonzalez then Dyson should get us a real player if JD played his cards right. SF has several talented pitchers at the lower levels which would mesh with what we wanted to do in 2017: keep the guys necessary to compete while adding to our talent at the lower levels

Darvish, Lucroy, possibly Dyson and possibly Cashner into.....

Calhoun, AJ Alexy, Pedro Gonzalez, Brendon Davis and possibly a decent player from the Dyson deal and a 2nd rd pick from Cashner QO

Could be a nice a haul in a failed season where we still wanted to try to compete

Comment

I believe Judge Smails said it best: "You'll get nothing and like it!"
          When a team is at the bottom, the problem is usually at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Harrah View Post
            This is something to keep an eye on. Dyson did record 14 saves for SF. JD knew what he was doing at the time. If Lucroy could get us Pedro Gonzalez then Dyson should get us a real player if JD played his cards right. SF has several talented pitchers at the lower levels which would mesh with what we wanted to do in 2017: keep the guys necessary to compete while adding to our talent at the lower levels

Darvish, Lucroy, possibly Dyson and possibly Cashner into.....

Calhoun, AJ Alexy, Pedro Gonzalez, Brendon Davis and possibly a decent player from the Dyson deal and a 2nd rd pick from Cashner QO

Could be a nice a haul in a failed season where we still wanted to try to compete
            We'll probably sign a pitcher who has a QO on him, maybe two.

Comment

Trade is finalized. Texas gets OF Hunter Cole. Cole is a 25 year old that hit 249 with AA. He also hit 7 HR with 34 RBI in 83 games. My guess is he will likely return to AA, which is where he has been since the middle of the 2015 season

Comment

offensive numbers are pretty good for career. dont know a thing about him defensively. probably a useful piece at some point

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post
                  offensive numbers are pretty good for career. dont know a thing about him defensively. probably a useful piece at some point
                  The useful piece in the trade now plays for San Francisco.

Comment

Originally posted by texassooner1 View Post

The useful piece in the trade now plays for San Francisco.
                    that is a failing of the manager and the pitching coach one of many relievers they have destroyed. This is not a pitching friendly team in any way

Comment

OF depth. Meh.

Comment

Working...
                      X