Albert Pujols

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pibrew View Post
    Well, if I have to watch Nick Martinez get more starts next year I'm not sure what cliff I'll jump off of but I'll find one. I just can't stand him. I'm sure he's a great guy but UGH.
    He is the perfect pitcher for this type of season, which is one that no one wants. He's your 10th best option and you're starting him out of desperation. We know what he is at this point. I want to see Mendez get a start, but Banny had to throw him Wednesday in relief. Not blaming him by the way, when you give up that many runs in a series, you gotta burn pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by saclare View Post

He is the perfect pitcher for this type of season, which is one that no one wants. He's your 10th best option and you're starting him out of desperation. We know what he is at this point. I want to see Mendez get a start, but Banny had to throw him Wednesday in relief. Not blaming him by the way, when you give up that many runs in a series, you gotta burn pitching.
      Martinez is a great guy to have around when he has options and a terrible one to have on your roster if he doesn't. For that reason, I would imagine this was his final season in a Ranger uniform.
      Last edited by dannyboy8517; 09-28-2017, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517
        Martinez is a great guy to have around when he has options and a terrible one to have on your rosters if he doesn't. For that reason, I would imagine this was his final season in a Ranger uniform.
        Music to my ears.

Comment

Music to my ears.
          If he's back next year, it will be as a long reliever/spot starter, which wouldn't be the end of the world, though ABD has done more this season to earn that role than Nick Martinez or A.J. Griffin has.

Comment

Well, if I have to watch Nick Martinez get more starts next year I'm not sure what cliff I'll jump off of but I'll find one. I just can't stand him. I'm sure he's a great guy but UGH.
            dont let kaiser hear you say that. He positively loves the guy

Comment

Or if the Rangers decide on a major rebuild and trade Perez and Hamels, Martinez is our ace.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post

Martinez is a great guy to have around when he has options and a terrible one to have on your roster if he doesn't. For that reason, I would imagine this was his final season in a Ranger uniform.
                Is he out of options? If so, I did not know that...he won't be along much longer if that's the case, assuming he makes no other improvements (likely).

Comment

Originally posted by saclare View Post

Is he out of options? If so, I did not know that...he won't be along much longer if that's the case, assuming he makes no other improvements (likely).
                  Clubs get three options once a player hits the 40-man, and Martinez has bounced back and forth between the big league team and minor leagues each of the past three seasons. All it takes is 20 days in the minors to exhaust an option, so I would assume he's out. I could be wrong, though.

Comment

Originally posted by rainag
                    You have to be kidding. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post

I love him as 8th starter, which is what I've said from the beginning.

And you don't cut your 8th starter just because you are butt hurt over a spring start. Which is what you wanted to do.

Comment

Martinez should have spent the year in AAA but gave the team 7 quality starts. That isn't great but it isn't bad either.

Comment

BTW, when Rainag said Martin Perez was a joke of starter I defended the player, so I guess I'm in love with Perez also.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post

BTW, when Rainag said Martin Perez was a joke of starter I defended the player, so I guess I'm in love with Perez also.
                            martin has talent just doesnt know how to harness it. Martinez never had it and will never have it so love him all you want.

Comment

Pujols has been even worse than Napoli.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerDude2016
                                Pujols has been even worse than Napoli.
                                Yeah. I still can't believe they owe him the at much money. I saw that other day from a few Angels fans that they think Pujols will retire so Arte doesn't have to pay him that money. Yeah... Keep on dreaming. NO ONE walks away from that much cash.

Comment

Working...
                                X