Albert Pujols

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Pujols

I think I read somewhere that the Angels still owe Pujols over $115 million?? Is that right? If so, good luck with all that and his - 1.5 WAR. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 $27,000,000
    2019 $28,000,000
    2020 $29,000,000
    2021 $30,000,000

Full no-trade clause
    3000 Hits Bonus: $3 million
    Home Run Record: $7 million
    Annual Award Bonus: $875,000
    $10 million personal services contract paid after playing contract expires.
    All Star: $50,000
    Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, LCS MVP: $75,000
    WS MVP: $100,000
    MVP: 1st ($500,000), 2/3 ($75,000)

Comment

Arte was just trying to enhance his credentials to run for congress in California. Doubt Pujols gets that MVP money, though.

Comment

More than a few of us said at the time that contract would be a disaster and wouldn't put the Angels over the top. We are already in the Told Ya So phase of that contract, pretty soon we will be in the laugh yourself silly phase.

Comment

Wow!!! That's crazy that there would be that many bonuses with a contact that high. That seems like pure greed to me. I wonder if the fans are just ripping him to pieces or the owner who agreed to do the deal. So, four more years AFTER this year. Lmao Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Albert Pujols is having the worst season for a 37-year-old in MLB history

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p....fcgi?id=9IR5J

He will probably have the worst season for a 38, 39, 40 and 41-year-old in MLB history

Adrian Beltre had 4th best season for a 37-year-old in MLB history behind Barry Bonds, Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron; ahead of Tris Speaker, Honus Wagner, Willie Mays, Mike Schmidt and Ted Williams

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
              Albert Pujols is having the worst season for a 37-year-old in MLB history
              It gives a lot more credence to the rumors that Pujols is several years older than his listed age.

Comment

Don't forget that Moreno handed out laughable contracts to Hamilton and Wilson as well. Wilson came close to living up to his, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post
                  Don't forget that Moreno handed out laughable contracts to Hamilton and Wilson as well. Wilson came close to living up to his, I suppose.
                  I'm not going to look it up but there were 3 or 4 other whacko Moreno contracts to past-their-prime players.

Comment

We may wind up having to overpay for pitching this winter, so let's not get too haughty about Moreno. I don't think JD will do anything THAT stupid, though. People lament Fielder, but they had insurance for that. They don't like Choo's contract, but he's still doing a yeoman's job even at his age, way better than Pujols at far less pay. And, it looks like Choo can keep on cookin'. Pujols? Probably not. JD may overpay for pitching this winter, but it won't be a major, budget-busting, unrealistic deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post

I'm not going to look it up but there were 3 or 4 other whacko Moreno contracts to past-their-prime players.
                      Gary Matthews Jr. was one and they traded for Vernon Wells.
                      Last edited by dannyboy8517; 09-24-2017, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Another bad contract: Mike Scioscia

Comment

I have liked the Angels pitching coach, Nagy. He's done a pretty good job of piecing together a rotation when you consider how many have been on the DL.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1
                            We may wind up having to overpay for pitching this winter, so let's not get too haughty about Moreno. I don't think JD will do anything THAT stupid, though. People lament Fielder, but they had insurance for that. They don't like Choo's contract, but he's still doing a yeoman's job even at his age, way better than Pujols at far less pay. And, it looks like Choo can keep on cookin'. Pujols? Probably not. JD may overpay for pitching this winter, but it won't be a major, budget-busting, unrealistic deal.
                            Well, if I have to watch Nick Martinez get more starts next year I'm not sure what cliff I'll jump off of but I'll find one. I just can't stand him. I'm sure he's a great guy but UGH.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517
                              Gary Matthews Jr. was one and they traded for Vernon Wells.
                              I remember the Vernon Wells one.... Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X