Willie!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie!!!

Calhoun's on his way to the big club. Should be fun to watch him for whatever ABs he gets the next three weeks.

Wow. I'm surprised. I'd lost some enthusiasm over the weekend but I'll tune back in to watch the kid debut.

Comment

Really surprising they brought him given his situation. Great to see him play though!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This all but guarantees that Calhoun is on the opening day roster or up shortly after opening day next year IMO. You wouldn't put him on the 40-man otherwise. Glad to see the organization going that direction, though. He can't do much more in Triple-A than he did this season.

Comment

Willie gonna rake. His season at AAA was phenomenal.

Comment

Hope springs eternal in Ranger land.

Comment

This is going to be fun to watch. I think I'm still on the side of starting Willie and Ron Guzman in AAA next year but I would love to see him kill it in September and force his way into a starting spot next year.

DDJ is forcing his wey into an OF spot, if he establishes himself in CF and Calhoun does in LF it gives the team a lot more options next year.

Comment

I knew it was a long shot but I was hoping they'd put him at 2nd base and let Odor rest his ankle.

Comment

The Dude thinks this probably means Gomez is on his way out. They gave Calhoun a 40 man roster spot, which could have been better used to protect someone who was Rule 5 eligible. The only way this makes sense is if they intend on clearing up an OF roster spot such as Gomez. The Dude predicts Texas either trades for a CF or is ready to go with DDJ.

Comment

Calhoun looks like he's 17 years old. Almost threw out Cruz at home...pretty good throw. He's sure not got a canon but arm strength didn't look horrible.

I gotta hunch he gets a hit in first AB.
                    Last edited by ProfarMVP; 09-12-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Called it. Single and RBI. The enjoyment of the inning was stolen by the umpire who wasn't just enraging me. Grieve was beyond appalled with the ump. Way inside...way outside...low and outside...everything was getting called a strike for seattle pitcher.

Comment

Willie with some adventures up against the wall in right. Tough play for even a veteran player but...

This followed an errant throw by Gallo. Not exactly a display of good leather out there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post
                          This is going to be fun to watch. I think I'm still on the side of starting Willie and Ron Guzman in AAA next year but I would love to see him kill it in September and force his way into a starting spot next year.

DDJ is forcing his wey into an OF spot, if he establishes himself in CF and Calhoun does in LF it gives the team a lot more options next year.
                          If things work out like that, the Rangers can focus all their spending on pitching this winter. With so many good pitchers on the market and such a flexible budget, they should be able to field a highly competitive team next season.

Comment

If you've seen Calhoun in interviews, he's really a good guy, very likeable. All the coaches like him, and he works really hard. I think JD found a winner.

Comment

Glad I got to see his first at bat - here's to hope springs eternal....

Comment

Working...
                              X