This team is done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post

The Dud didn't predict even one of the things that derailed the Rangers this season:. Here are the precise reasons the Rangers have struggled this season:

1. Dyson collapsing.
    2. Losing Beltre for two months.
    3. Losing Gomez for a month.
    4. Losing Hamels for a month.
    5. Losing Leclerc for a month.
    That is exactly wrong, Sir. The Dude specifically told you this team was relying too much on a bad combination of injury-prone aging players such as Beltre, Hamels, and Napoli and very young players who are prone to growing pains, such as Odor and Mazara. You then accused The Dude of manufacturing impssible scenarios. Funny how things turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerDude2016 View Post

That is exactly wrong, Sir. The Dude specifically told you this team was relying too much on a bad combination of injury-prone aging players such as Beltre, Hamels, and Napoli and very young players who are prone to growing pains, such as Odor and Mazara. You then accused The Dude of manufacturing impssible scenarios. Funny how things turned out.
      Where are the links to that? I don't recall you once saying Beltre or Hamels are injury prone before the season. You also didn't predict Dyson collapsing, which is the number one reason for the Rangers troubles, didn't mention Leclerc or Gomez as being injury prone, and basically spent most of your time defending your mistake about Cashner getting shelled..

Comment

I'm coming over to the "Finished Side" - this team is done. This has been a really disappointing season from the very first game. I look forward to next year and hope they make the right moves this off season. Good luck - JD - I think we need a little good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysRangers View Post
          I'm coming over to the "Finished Side" - this team is done. This has been a really disappointing season from the very first game. I look forward to next year and hope they make the right moves this off season. Good luck - JD - I think we need a little good luck...
          The Dude told you this team was done in April. The Dude knew this team was bad when he went to the opening series against Cleveland and they looked like amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post

Where are the links to that? I don't recall you once saying Beltre or Hamels are injury prone before the season. You also didn't predict Dyson collapsing, which is the number one reason for the Rangers troubles, didn't mention Leclerc or Gomez as being injury prone, and basically spent most of your time defending your mistake about Cashner getting shelled..
            The Dude did not predict Dyson collapsing nor did he ever claim to. The Dude doesn't see your point there. The Dude never claimed to be all-knowing. The Dude is just reminding you that a large majority of the projections you personally gave The Dude $h*t over ended up happening. And not all of them were predicting the negative either. The Dude told you his two breakout candidates on the team are DDJ and Profar, both of which have been very successful even if Profar never got a shot in the majors this year.

The Dude did mention Gomez being prone to injury and inconsistency. The Dude told you its hard to say Gomez necessarily being an improvement over a more reliable Ian Desmond, given Desmond having never played less than 154 games a year since 2013 and Gomez having never played 154 games in a season ever. You then went on some tangential rant using a different interpretation of the word "reliable". That said, The Dude still advocated for Gomez as a prudent move, but Gomez should not have been Texas' best signing given it was their last year to try to win with Darvish.

You may not remember what The Dude told you, but The Dude definitely remembers it going from "100+ win season!" to "Ok, not 100 win season, but the heat is on and Houston is fading" to "Ok Houston isn't fading but we can still make the Wild Card." to "I'm mining quotes now to repost when we win the World Series" to "Ok, we should probably trade Darvish." to "Why did we trade Darvish?" Remember this next time you want to act like a condescending jerk, Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post

His BABIP was over .400 and yet his performance stats are all up. Doesn't fit your model, does it? Look up historical stats and you will see some speed oriented players sustained a .350 BABIP.
              What? I should hope anyone with a 400 BABIP would get their numbers up. Don't expect DDJ to keep this up. It's just not realistic. He's a light-hitting, ground-ball hitter. His BABIP will come down about 50 points. Not to say he won't ever be a good player, but he's going to come down to earth.

Comment

What? I should hope anyone with a 400 BABIP would get their numbers up. Don't expect DDJ to keep this up. It's just not realistic. He's a light-hitting, ground-ball hitter. His BABIP will come down about 50 points. Not to say he won't ever be a good player, but he's going to come down to earth.
                You miss the point. His BABIP was over .400 and it dropped 50 points and yet his performance stats went up. How do you explain that? You should have learned from Cashner.

Comment

analytics point you in the right direction and as doug says betting on someone to decline in baseball is one of the most likely scenarios but not always. when you have young players that havent peaked there is always upside as they understand their game and learn from their mistakes. DDJ is playing at a new level with the loss of weight and understanding of his skill set

Comment

Remember this next time you want to act like a condescending jerk, Sir.
                    You are telling people not to be condescending jerks in thread where one page back you said you were the most accurate man in America? And did it in the third person?

Comment

Itís always good to have intelligent baseball discussion. But I donít think any of us know baseball better than front office person. I think fan should have passion, hope and dream. 80% of those very smart people that can predict the future of the team and proud of to be the first one to jump off the bandwagon in spring probably not going enjoy the game. Only few teams make it to playoff. In spring training, I think every fan should have passion, hope and dream that his team is going to win 100 games. Itís baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
                        Itís always good to have intelligent baseball discussion. But I donít think any of us know baseball better than front office person. I think fan should have passion, hope and dream. 80% of those very smart people that can predict the future of the team and proud of to be the first one to jump off the bandwagon in spring probably not going enjoy the game. Only few teams make it to playoff. In spring training, I think every fan should have passion, hope and dream that his team is going to win 100 games. Itís baseball.
                        I agree We might have come close to winning 100 games this year, too, if Dyson hadn't messed up and the team hadn't been hit by the injury bug. We would have had at least ten more wins by now. AT LEAST! No one could predict that. Not even me. I'm predicting a very cold winter this year in Texas, so everyone should just be happy we have nice weather and the Rangers could streak at any moment and be right back into the race for a thrilling finish!

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
                          There is a fan part of me that goes into the season that way. But that's not the only way to enjoy things.

When I discuss baseball here I approach it as if I'm a GM...thinking through chess moves. Of course I don't have all the data and know less than JD. That doesn't mean he and the Rangers don't make plenty of mistakes.

Comment

Looks like the Mariners are our daddy!!! YUCK. Get them out of town. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pibrew View Post
                              Looks like the Mariners are our daddy!!! YUCK. Get them out of town. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              This team is what it is ... and has been all season long. The 2017 Texas Rangers are as mediocre as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post

There is a fan part of me that goes into the season that way. But that's not the only way to enjoy things.

When I discuss baseball here I approach it as if I'm a GM...thinking through chess moves. Of course I don't have all the data and know less than JD. That doesn't mean he and the Rangers don't make plenty of mistakes.
                                Thatís exactly my point. You have intelligent baseball discussion, play GM, thinking through chess moves, .. to win 100 games, not to just say this team suck and going to lost 100 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X