No announcement yet.

Elvis "Babe Ruth" Andrus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's absolutely in fuego and carrying the team. That's the mark of an MVP candidate if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by RangersBamBam View Post
      He's absolutely in fuego and carrying the team. That's the mark of an MVP candidate if you ask me.
      Elvis got robbed of an all-star spot he absolutely earned with his first half. And he's managed to be even better in the second half. He's having a fantastic season.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post

I think my plan would be to try to bring Miguel Gonzalez back on an R.A. Dickey-type deal (1 year, $8 million with a matching team option), extend Cashner for three years at $11-13 million per and go after one of the big fish (Otani, Darvish, Arrieta, Cobb or Lynn) on a long-term deal.

That would leave us with a rotation of Otani/Darvish/Arrieta/Cobb/Lynn, Hamels (1-2 years), Cashner (3 years), Perez (1-3 years) and Gonzalez (1-2 years) with Martinez (1-3 years) and Griffin (1 year) for depth. If we fix the bullpen with a veteran arm or two, that rotation should keep us in games with the lineup we'll have. And you'd only be adding one long-term deal to the mix, so there's a built-in plan for adding homegrown starting pitching once it's ready. We'd be older, for sure, but we'd have a lot of guys with track records of eating innings and doing so effectively.

This, to me, is the best compromise between Profar's full-rebuild plan and spending a ton of money and years on free-agent starting pitching. With my plan, you're set up to compete in the short-term without sacrificing future assets or opportunities.
        My plan no longer includes Miguel Gonzalez, and certainly not at that length/price.

Comment

Working...
        X