Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final 25 games...Wild Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    This season seems like deja vu...over and over again. But still lingering in the chase.

    MIN --
    LAA 1 GB
    TEX 2GB
    KC 3GB
    SEA 3.5 GB
    BALT 3.5

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post
      This season seems like deja vu...over and over again. But still lingering in the chase.

      MIN --
      LAA 1 GB
      TEX 2GB
      KC 3GB
      SEA 3.5 GB
      BALT 3.5
      No one wants that second wild card spot. We're swimming with five or six others in a pool of mediocrity.

      Comment


      • #33
        With both Adrian Beltre and Carlos Gomez out, Mazara and Odor are not 100%, probably Willie Calhoun in left and Drew Robinson plays second. They know willy can swim (swing).
        Last edited by mingjungtc; 09-12-2017, 06:36 AM.

        Comment


        • #34
          If it's the Angels and Rangers tied, the Rangers, who lead the season series 10-6 with three to play, would be hosts.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
            If it's the Angels and Rangers tied, the Rangers, who lead the season series 10-6 with three to play, would be hosts.
            Thanks ming. How about we get 5 times tying for the second wild card? Multiple playoff games to get to the 1-off WC game to get to the real playoffs. That would be...interesting.

            I'm getting serious case of .500 fatigue. It's really hard to care right now.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post

              I'm getting serious case of .500 fatigue. It's really hard to care right now.
              Patience, grasshopper. It's amazing the Rangers were able to overcome significant injuries to Hamels, Beltre and Gomez and trading Darvish and Lucroy to come this far. Let's not forget the injuries to Diekman, Leclerc and Bush, too. This has been a rocky season, but here it is August 13th and we're still in the hunt playing meaningful baseball. The Rangers have had streaks caused by injuries, inconsistent batting and bullpen issues all season long. It would be great if they go on a hot streak about now that lasts all the way through October. It's happened many times before in baseball. This is actually the kind of team that surprises everyone and pulls a rabbit out of the hat. Lots of talent, lots of guys experienced with winning, good management and team chemistry. They have a lot of character guys who are used to surviving adversity. Luck hasn't gone their way all season long, but that could change any second.

              Comment


              • #37
                The Rangers still don't have enough pitching.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I mean, the schedule is favorable, and really has been, and they haven't taken advantage. I just don't see it happening this year. Hope I'm wrong.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post
                    Patience, grasshopper. It's amazing the Rangers were able to overcome significant injuries to Hamels, Beltre and Gomez and trading Darvish and Lucroy to come this far. Let's not forget the injuries to Diekman, Leclerc and Bush, too. This has been a rocky season, but here it is August 13th and we're still in the hunt playing meaningful baseball.
                    When I consider that there are still SEVEN teams with a shot at the second wild card team...and FIVE of them are either .500 or below...it doesn't look at all like a hunt to me.

                    We look more like a ping pong ball getting bounced around.

                    Wake me up when this team can get to four games above .500

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Of course, baseball is a funny game. Who would imagine that the Indians would reel off 21 straight games to take charge of the best record in the AL over the Astros? Also the Cards and Brewers are making the Cubs very uncomfortable and are not that far behind Colorado in the 2nd WC.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post

                        When I consider that there are still SEVEN teams with a shot at the second wild card team...and FIVE of them are either .500 or below...it doesn't look at all like a hunt to me.

                        We look more like a ping pong ball getting bounced around.

                        Wake me up when this team can get to four games above .500
                        I will this time. I forgot to wake you up, I guess, when they had that 10-game winning streak.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Redcap View Post
                          Of course, baseball is a funny game. Who would imagine that the Indians would reel off 21 straight games to take charge of the best record in the AL over the Astros? Also the Cards and Brewers are making the Cubs very uncomfortable and are not that far behind Colorado in the 2nd WC.
                          Yes it is strange.

                          Cleveland has won more games in 3 weeks than the Cleveland Browns have in 4 years and in the same span had as many shut outs as most teams have in a year.

                          Last edited by ProfarMVP; 09-13-2017, 04:07 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Redcap View Post
                            Of course, baseball is a funny game. Who would imagine that the Indians would reel off 21 straight games to take charge of the best record in the AL over the Astros? Also the Cards and Brewers are making the Cubs very uncomfortable and are not that far behind Colorado in the 2nd WC.
                            I would have much rather it be the Astros in the LDS vs the Rangers. The Indians have always been the favored team, except when Coppell Cowboy Corey Kluber was on the DL.I think they could win the World Series. None of the NL teams look like all that. It's a shame they are in the way of the Rangers, but maybe we'll get lucky if we make it that far. If they don't, I'll be cheering for Corey, best pitcher in baseball.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post

                              I would have much rather it be the Astros in the LDS vs the Rangers. The Indians have always been the favored team, except when Coppell Cowboy Corey Kluber was on the DL.I think they could win the World Series. None of the NL teams look like all that. It's a shame they are in the way of the Rangers, but maybe we'll get lucky if we make it that far. If they don't, I'll be cheering for Corey, best pitcher in baseball.
                              Coppell Cowboy Corey Kluber - has a certain ring to it.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post

                                Thanks ming. How about we get 5 times tying for the second wild card? Multiple playoff games to get to the 1-off WC game to get to the real playoffs. That would be...interesting.

                                A seven-way tie at 81 wins? It's still possible in the wild American League

                                https://sports.yahoo.com/seven-way-t...130058435.html


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X