how many times do the rangers have to go into a astroturf ballpark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many times do the rangers have to go into a astroturf ballpark

to learn that adrian beltre does not need to play in the field there. It should be a self preservation move by now if they want him to continue playing.

I think it's time for our guys to have a long talk with Beltre about his future. Maybe he should go into next season knowing only half his games will be at 3B. And there are other times where he should sit out completely. Someone has to limit him because he won't limit himself. The good thing is there's nothing wrong with his bat at all and he could play better 3B defense at 50 than anyone in our organization. Bad thing is those hammys will end his career. Now is the perfect time to convince him to limit the tread on his tires. It's about October. We should be more conservative

Comment

John Blake @RangerBlake
      MRI on Adrian Beltre's left hamstring showed Grade 2 strain. Expected to be sidelined for minimum of 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
        John Blake @RangerBlake
        MRI on Adrian Beltre's left hamstring showed Grade 2 strain. Expected to be sidelined for minimum of 4 weeks.
        Its going to be longer than that.. The offseason is a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post

Its going to be longer than that.. The offseason is a few months.
          It probably will, but if the Rangers are in contention in the last week of the season I would bet a lot of money that Adrian plays. At least at DH.

Comment

Where is the game tonight? Televised?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Harrah View Post
              I think it's time for our guys to have a long talk with Beltre about his future. Maybe he should go into next season knowing only half his games will be at 3B. And there are other times where he should sit out completely. Someone has to limit him because he won't limit himself. The good thing is there's nothing wrong with his bat at all and he could play better 3B defense at 50 than anyone in our organization. Bad thing is those hammys will end his career. Now is the perfect time to convince him to limit the tread on his tires. It's about October. We should be more conservative
              Yes and yes.

Challenge is that he still offers a lot defensive utility--more perhaps than any 38-year old has ever offered. So it's very tempting to play him.

Comment

The Texas Rangers have placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 10-day disabled list with a left hamstring strain, retroactive to Sept. 1, according to the team's executive vice president of communications, John Blake.

Beltre, who was diagnosed with a Grade 2 hamstring strain Friday, is expected to be sidelined for a minimum of four weeks, which could put his season in jeopardy.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1356049

Nick Gardewine recalled

Comment

Originally posted by rainag
                  to learn that adrian beltre does not need to play in the field there. It should be a self preservation move by now if they want him to continue playing.
                  Yeah. I didn't realize it was that big of issue until I saw his quote from the other day. I mean, sit him during the series if its that bad or try your luck and DH him and hope he gets through. I'm sure it will be something they look at next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Harrah
                    Sorry, I just responded not having read this post. I agree with a few of you guys on here. Yes, he's getting older. Yes, the guy is a witch... I mean, the guy can still play! Yes, I would DEFINITELY sit him down at least a certain number of games per month and would not play him on these stadiums with bad fields. He's too valuable to the team from a production standpoint and leadership standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                    X