M. Perez

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M. Perez

What has he changed? Turning point? Did someone get in his head? I'm not sure what happened or what he changed but wow! I'll take this version of him all day. I haven't seen a ton of his starts but it looks like he is being way more aggressive with the fastball??? Maybe not.... But I'll take it.

Outside of his five-run first a couple of weeks ago, which I probably blew out of proportion, Perez has been very solid lately. I still don't have full trust or confidence in him, but he's been getting the job done his last five trips through the rotation at a pivotal time in the season, and he deserves credit for that.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post
      Outside of his five-run first a couple of weeks ago, which I probably blew out of proportion, Perez has been very solid lately. I still don't have full trust or confidence in him, but he's been getting the job done his last five trips through the rotation at a pivotal time in the season, and he deserves credit for that.
      Perez's future probably projects to be better than he's historically been...but probably not as good as he's been lately.

But who knows? Maybe he can be a serviceable #4 or even #3.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post
        been able to pitch through with men on. dont know if he really has turned a corner but he deserves credit for figuring out what he has to this point. It is really hars to fully buy in but hope springs eternal

Comment

Originally posted by pibrew View Post
          What has he changed? Turning point? Did someone get in his head? I'm not sure what happened or what he changed but wow! I'll take this version of him all day. I haven't seen a ton of his starts but it looks like he is being way more aggressive with the fastball??? Maybe not.... But I'll take it.
          There was some talk about him tipping his pitches and when they finally decided to do something about it was when he started pitching better. Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post
            There was some talk about him tipping his pitches and when they finally decided to do something about it was when he started pitching better. Coincidence? I think not.
            Perhaps he stopped tipping pitches...perhaps he thinks he did and there is a placebo effect. In either case he's showing he can be more successful and building confidence.

Comment

Probably saw something on the video machine.

Comment

Another quality start...6 IP, 3 runs

Took 117 pitches under the hot sun. Well done, Martin.

Comment

“Every game I just attack hitters and throw first-pitch strikes and don’t give too much credit to hitters,” Perez said. “When you throw strikes, you can do good things.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...171033567.html

Comment

I sure hope he has gotten "IT".... Nothing I'd rather see for the Rangers....

Comment

he seems to have changed his mindset with runners on. If he has his natural ability will carry him. he has caused many of his own problems in the past

Comment

Another question. Why is Grilli on the team? Is there no one to call up that can be him? Cause he sucks. Story of the year... Crappy bullpen. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another question. Why is Grilli on the team? Is there no one to call up that can be him? Cause he sucks. Story of the year... Crappy bullpen. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          they should have considered themselves graced when he got through one inning without a run. why even try for two

Comment

Originally posted by rainag
                            they should have considered themselves graced when he got through one inning without a run. why even try for two
                            Yeah. I mean I'd rather see some young call up get a chance or two.

Comment

Another question. Why is Grilli on the team? Is there no one to call up that can be him?
                              We have already called up our AA relievers, so... no. No one to call up.

Comment

Working...
                              X