No announcement yet.

Stay Classy Jon Daniels !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my stance: I hope the Astros destroy the Rangers in all the remaining games of the season. I hope the Astros win the World Series. I hope the people of Houston get at least a sliver of consolation from their baseball team.

I donated earlier to the Red Cross and will consider giving a second time. I don't believe in God (gods?) but I'm going to get on my knees anyway and say a prayer for Houston tonight.

For the rest of the year: Go Astros.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleshipTx View Post

The Rangers offered to host the Astros in Arlington and give 100% of the revenue to the Astros. The Astros chose Florida instead, where the attendance will be much smaller. They thought it unfair to the other teams in the wild card chase to give the Rangers what amounted to 3 new home games.
      Daniels made two points in his radio interview - #1, what the Astros asked for has never been done before. What has been done before (with the Orioles) is what Texas proposed, the Astros getting gate profits from playing in DFW.

Also if Texas does agree to switching the homestands, beyond screwing over Ranger season ticket holders, it means the Rangers finish the season with two weeks on the road in four different cities. That is essentially forfeiting the season.

Comment

The Astros were already in Dallas. If they consider their players, playing in Arlington will allow players better chance to contact/meet with their friend and family. Instead they have to leave the state, away from their friend and family.

Many Houston people are already in Dallas. If they consider their fans, playing in Arlington will allow fans better chance to use a sport they like to heal.

If the Astros consider their city. Playing in Arlington will allow the people and the state of Texas to heal together and rise most fund to help the city of Houston.

We are not even talking about a baseball game, we are talking about what is the best for the players, the fan and the city of Houston.

This is you offer a bottled water with someone walking in off the desert and he ask for a bottled wine you have, which is not good for him.

Reid Ryan in a statement. “We are extremely grateful to the Tampa Bay Rays organization for allowing us to use their facility.

JD offered to the Astros the same thing Tampa Bay Rays offer and the same thing Jerry Jones offered to help & accommodate the Texans
        Last edited by mingjungtc; 08-29-2017, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post

And your point?

Worrying about a competitive advantage or dis-advantage is sorry-***. This was an ugly decision. It's like squabbling over the price of bottled water with someone walking in off the desert.

What was asked by Houston (swap the series) was reasonable. When people are getting beat up by a natural disaster...you accommodate...you flex...you help. We didn't do that.

Its a stain on the organization...as people all across the country are rightfully appalled.
          http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/08/texa...ood-mlb-refuse
          The Rangers did accommodate, they did flex. It would be far easier for the Astros and their fans to play in Dallas instead of Tampa. Astros chose Tampa.

Comment

Here's my stance: I hope the Astros destroy the Rangers in all the remaining games of the season. I hope the Astros win the World Series. I hope the people of Houston get at least a sliver of consolation from their baseball team.

I donated earlier to the Red Cross and will consider giving a second time. I don't believe in God (gods?) but I'm going to get on my knees anyway and say a prayer for Houston tonight.

Ok, then go join the Astros board. I understand why JD did this. The Astros have essentially won the division while the Rangers and JD have not given up on this season like you have. They aren't quitters.

Comment

Guys, I am with Profar here. Let's say roles were reversed and DFW was hit with a disaster. What would we hope Houston would do? I do not like JD saying, well this has never been done before. And your point? Be bigger, be a trendsetter, be different!

JD and the Rangers are taking a beating on this and they should. We should have done more.

I honestly hope there is NO bad blood from the Astros players towards ours, but I could see it.

Comment

Newberg Report v.2: Joe Sheehan on the Rangers/Astros

Joe isn’t an Astros fan or a Rangers fan, and isn’t based in either market. I thought his perspective, as it often is on all things baseball, was worth reading.

Comment

Wow this is one of the most ludicrous (Giulianic?) statements I have ever seen on here. I get that you have a melodramatic style, but this is insane.

I agree completely with Sheehan, and Battleship's factual statement .... this simply doesn't have much to do with the disaster other than the site logistics. If it did, little Reid would have agreed to the Arlington purse. You should be pissed at Reid. The series should have been played in Arlington with all proceeds going to disaster relief. Instead the disaster relief fund gets to pay the price for little Reid's melodrama, and unfortunately we all have to sit here and read yours.

I hope we beat the snot out of them as usual. Especially glass arm McCullers. Because reality is what it is, I understand that has absolutely nothing to do with how badly I feel for the disaster victims or how much I opt to give to the Red Cross.
                  The Texidor Tornado

Comment

Originally posted by fireovid View Post

Wow this is one of the most ludicrous (Giulianic?) statements I have ever seen on here. I get that you have a melodramatic style, but this is insane.

I agree completely with Sheehan, and Battleship's factual statement .... this simply doesn't have much to do with the disaster other than the site logistics. If it did, little Reid would have agreed to the Arlington purse. You should be pissed at Reid. The series should have been played in Arlington with all proceeds going to disaster relief. Instead the disaster relief fund gets to pay the price for little Reid's melodrama, and unfortunately we all have to sit here and read yours.

I hope we beat the snot out of them as usual. Especially glass arm McCullers. Because reality is what it is, I understand that has absolutely nothing to do with how badly I feel for the disaster victims or how much I opt to give to the Red Cross.
                    Yes, we do have to remember that there are Ranger fans in Houston, too, just like I'm sure there are Astro's fans in the DFW area.

The more I read about it the more I'm thinking that it's Reid Ryan who is the a$$. He's totally depriving the Astros' fans in the DFW area the opportunity to see their team and add to the monies to reconstruct the coast.
                    Last edited by Redcap; 08-29-2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fireovid View Post

McCullers is on the DL with a glass back.

I honestly think this is super blown out of proportion, with a heavy amount of attention that could be paid elsewhere. Like, oh I don't know, the hurricane relief efforts. The Rangers already had offered up to donate the Texas two-step, and I'm sure privately more from Bob and Co. The proceeds raised from having the series here will be much greater than those raised at the Trop. However, MLB made the decision in the end, and I'm assuming they thought through everything very diligently, including the subsequent Mets series that will have to be played at the Trop, as well.

Comment

When I was young I went up to help with folks near Sacramento who after a levee break saw flooding similar to what tens of thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of Houstonians face. I learned first hand what it can be like with severe flooding.

In many cases a flood destroys all but the foundation and frame of a home. In many cases people simply cannot afford to rebuild their home or make repairs. By the time this is over I suspect dozens will have lost their lives but many, many more will have lost their homes and their belongings.

I won't be rooting for Houston for the balance of the season as a sports fan...but as a fan of humans who have faced--and will continue to face-- a ton of hurt.

I make no appeal for others to do the same...no judgment on how folks here feel about JD, McCullers or Reid Ryan. I do hope for unity between Dallas and Houston and a coming together on the larger issues at hand.
                        Last edited by ProfarMVP; 08-29-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I grew-up in Taiwan and saw flood destroyed many homes, including my grandpas’. I understand that everyone involved are emotional high. We can all agree that we will all be rooting for the people in Houston. But why you want to root for a team that refused to do the best for their players, their fans and their city, and decided to make everyone hurt so it won’t benefit the neighbor offer you the bottled water you need but not the wine you want?

Comment

Awesome tweet post by Delino.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LinoDeShi...igger-baseball

Comment

Originally posted by Redcap View Post

Yes, we do have to remember that there are Ranger fans in Houston, too, just like I'm sure there are Astro's fans in the DFW area.

The more I read about it the more I'm thinking that it's Reid Ryan who is the a$$. He's totally depriving the Astros' fans in the DFW area the opportunity to see their team and add to the monies to reconstruct the coast.
                              Reid Ryan threw a hissy fit and did what was worst for his players, organization, his city, and his state. Having said that, if I was JD, I would have accepted to flip flop the series even though it would have been extremely disadvantageous to the Rangers and their fans. I think the fans would have understood it and most of those fans inconvenienced would have been willing to be for the benefit of Houston. Ryan tried to take advantage of the Rangers, and when they wouldn't agree, he threw a tantrum and went off to Florida. Too bad for Astros fans and for the residents of Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
                                I grew-up in Taiwan and saw flood destroyed many homes, including my grandpas’. I understand that everyone involved are emotional high. We can all agree that we will all be rooting for the people in Houston. But why you want to root for a team that refused to do the best for their players, their fans and their city, and decided to make everyone hurt so it won’t benefit the neighbor offer you the bottled water you need but not the wine you want?
                                Great post, ming.

Comment

Working...
                                X