Yu Darvish on DL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yu Darvish on DL

Yu joined Kershaw on the DL. Both have back problems.

Memo to MLB GM's: Lower your FA offers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post
      Memo to MLB GM's: Lower your FA offers!!
      I'm sure he'll be fine, has more good years left, and will get a big contract, but I'm not so sure I'd go out more than five years on him.

Comment

Side trivia - Evan Grant did a TV spot today and Yu Darvish tweeted him to give him a hard time. Sounds like Darvish is still following the Rangers closely, that probably isn't something that a guy does if he is just counting the days until he takes the offer of the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post

I'm sure he'll be fine, has more good years left, and will get a big contract, but I'm not so sure I'd go out more than five years on him.
          Any team serious about signing him will be overpaying...both in the contract amount and in the contract duration.

Comment

Best I would do on Darvish is 5/125 with maybe a couple of options based on IP's.

Comment

That sounds about right. I'm sure Darvish would do everything he can to make good on those options, too. However reasonable that sounds, though, we can rest assured the Yankees and other teams will do something totally unreasonable.

Comment

Yu Darvish is in the process of costing himself tens of millions of dollars the way he is pitching for the LAD currently. He really needs to turn it around if he wants to get the Strasburg level contract.

Meanwhile, Andrew Cashew is absolutely earning himself tens of millions of dollars with the way he is pitching. If he keeps it up, someone is going to pay him.

Comment

As soon as Darvish started with the Dodgers Honneycut began messing with his mechanics and playing with his head, changing his arm slot, changing his release point and destroying his confidence. I don't think he understands pitching mechanics. The Dodgers messed up Kershaw's back, too. I think Jamey is right, Darvish misses the Rangers and wants to be back with Brocail and Banister and his teammates and fans who understand him. He'll pitch a lot better once he gets his Rangers uniform back.

Comment

Sooo if he keeps lowering his price tag...

We sign Darvish, Cashner, and Otani and call it a wrap.

Comment

As soon as Darvish started with the Dodgers Honneycut began messing with his mechanics and playing with his head, changing his arm slot, changing his release point and destroying his confidence. I don't think he understands pitching mechanics. The Dodgers messed up Kershaw's back, too. I think Jamey is right, Darvish misses the Rangers and wants to be back with Brocail and Banister and his teammates and fans who understand him. He'll pitch a lot better once he gets his Rangers uniform back.
                      Darvish was struggling his last month as a Ranger. Had his worst start ever in his last Ranger game, right? His troubles now are a continuation. He reportedly is no longer getting his patented lateral movement with his pitches.

Originally posted by Doug View Post
                      He really needs to turn it around if he wants to get the Strasburg level contract.
                      That ship has now sailed. There's now massive risk attached.

The whole point in the Dodgers getting Yu was for the playoffs. There is some doubt now if he'll even be in the playoff rotation!
                      Last edited by ProfarMVP; 09-09-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post

Darvish was struggling his last month as a Ranger. Had his worst start ever in his last Ranger game, right? His troubles now are a continuation. He reportedly is no longer getting his patented lateral movement with his pitches.
                        It's gotten worse. He's falling apart over there. 4.01 ERA as a Ranger this year, 5.34 as a Dodger says it all. True, it was 3.44 before his last Rangers start, but it's serious now, not just a couple of bad starts. Whatever the Dodgers are doing isn't working. Get him back over here on a one-year contract so he can work with our coaching staff and doctors and they'll help him out like they did Cashner. He can be here to mentor Otani for a year or two. I think he was working it out on his own until they started tinkering with his mechanics and stuff. Probably making him contort his body like they did with Kershaw and threw out his back.

Comment

It's gotten worse. He's falling apart over there. 4.01 ERA as a Ranger this year, 5.34 as a Dodger says it all. True, it was 3.44 before his last Rangers start, but it's serious now, not just a couple of bad starts. Whatever the Dodgers are doing isn't working. Get him back over here on a one-year contract so he can work with our coaching staff and doctors and they'll help him out like they did Cashner. He can be here to mentor Otani for a year or two. I think he was working it out on his own until they started tinkering with his mechanics and stuff. Probably making him contort his body like they did with Kershaw and threw out his back.

What was wildly unthinkable six weeks ago, might be on the table for teams around the league. If Darvish is confident in himself that he can get things fixed...he might prefer a one-year contract to rebuild his value.

If Darvish is less confident then he'll look for a longterm deal even if the deal is chopped down from the pre-season expectation.

Opt-outs -- both for Darvish and his new team -- could be central to any deal he signs.

Comment

GaryB, I don't think the Rangers even make a play for Darvish this offseason. He is NOT the same pitcher as he was a year ago. Crazy to think that our team has been better WITHOUT him and the Dodgers are in a free-fall.

Comment

Usually pitchers start getting knocked around when they lose velocity on their fastball. Yu is actually has more velocity this year than at any time. Either his breaking stuff isn't working well or he's not using his pitches wisely.

Comment

Working...
                              X