stinky

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stinky

The last two of his games have been the best of the year. Keep him down there banister. Dont even consider moving him up. He is better down there. He has an energy that is infectious. down in the lineup he does not try to hit 5 run homers. Hopefully he will have fun getting on base disrupting the other team. The steal home was a thing of beauty. That player is easy to love.

Unfortunately they ruled it a balk. Nothing the pitcher did was certainly discernible enough to call the balk immediately, much less from the home plate umpire. Oh well, a run's a run.

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post
      The last two of his games have been the best of the year. Keep him down there banister. Dont even consider moving him up. He is better down there. He has an energy that is infectious. down in the lineup he does not try to hit 5 run homers. Hopefully he will have fun getting on base disrupting the other team. The steal home was a thing of beauty. That player is easy to love.
      He can be a real catalyst when he's playing like he did last night. He didn't have a hit last night yet he had impact. I hope he can get that drilled into his head. Long at-bats, walks, defense... That was super encouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post

He can be a real catalyst when he's playing like he did last night. He didn't have a hit last night yet he had impact. I hope he can get that drilled into his head. Long at-bats, walks, defense... That was super encouraging.
        Totally totally agree. He needs to drop the "chicks dig the long ball" approach. Long AB's, use the big part of the field, be aggressive on the bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post

Totally totally agree. He needs to drop the "chicks dig the long ball" approach. Long AB's, use the big part of the field, be aggressive on the bases.
          Its amazing to think how big a jump it would be if Odor goes back to his late 2016 form and Deshields develops into next year's CF. That is a night and day difference from the current team.

Comment

Keep it up, Roogie! That's the way to play baseball.

Comment

More encouraging signs from Odor tonight. Hit two balls to center field....a single and a line-drive out. Getting away from that pure pull is huge for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post

..........looks like he has a new 2 strike approach.
                Upon acquiring Greg Goosen on waivers from the Dodgers, Mets Manager, Casey Stengel introduced him with "This is Greg Goosen. He's 19 years old, and in 10 years he's got a chance to be 29 ".

Comment

Originally posted by wufdog View Post

..........looks like he has a new 2 strike approach.
                  Even on the strikeout, he fought off some good pitches and forced a full count.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post

Even on the strikeout, he fought off some good pitches and forced a full count.
                    Yup...and then he hit another to center...and well struck for a hit. Finally seeing Odor's approach change, along with Mazara's recent play.... is making my nipples feel all tingly.

Comment

The players from Venezuela look as happy as any other team, dancing to ”Shake Your Groove Thing” with the tournament mascot before a win over Mexico and raising the roof to ”Taking Care of Business” before a loss to Canada.

Texas Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor first learned to play baseball in Maracaibo, the town that’s home to the Venezuelan squad.

”I know everybody on that team, in that league,” Odor told The Associated Press in Texas this weekend. ”And that’s why I tried to help those kids.”

The first step for the players was obtaining a visa to the U.S., and they had to go to Caracas, the nation’s capital, to get them. Odor paid for their flights.

Simply flying to Caracas, though, wasn’t enough to get the players to the Little League World Series. Visas to the U.S. run about $170.

San Diego Padres pitcher Jhoulys Chacin is also from Maracaibo. He found out from a friend about the players’ financial plight and paid for all their visas.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/w...-lift-082217-2

Comment

https://www.lonestarball.com/2017/8/...urns-it-around

Comment

My biggest frustration with Odor is how stubborn he is. At some point, you have to adjust when things aren't working. And he just continues to bang his head against a brick wall as though he's always one more shot from breaking through.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post
                            My biggest frustration with Odor is how stubborn he is. At some point, you have to adjust when things aren't working. And he just continues to bang his head against a brick wall as though he's always one more shot from breaking through.
                            Well, Tony LaRussa said that 80% of major league players are virtually uncoachable. Odor may be one of those. I hope not. I really don't understand the thought process of the Rangers brain trust in how they handled him this year. all you had to do was look at his overly aggressive pull happy approach and see that his issues were not the result of a slump. I sure hope they find a way to break through his stubbornness and altar his approach. Not likely, but hopeful.

Comment

Grieve is always like "Look at left field, It's empty" whenever Odor comes up to bat. Men in every sports bar across the entire metromess are saying the same thing and sighing after every one of his strikeouts. It's incredible. Hard to believe it's happening even when you see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X