Worst umpire ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst umpire ever

There have been so many WILDLY missed calls by the umpire tonight. I'm talking pitches where Cole was in the heart of the plate that were called balls. If you were to ask how they missed I don't even know what the umpire would say.

And lots of outside pitches that were WAAAAY outside...called as strikes...victimizing Choo, Gallo and others.

It's just not possible to be this bad. Umpire is on drugs or well-funded by gambling interest.

when you have a guy like that and the technology is there just replace him. It is stupid for an umpire to have that kind of effect on the game.

Comment

Just because Altuve's arms are so short doesn't mean he gets the outside corner.

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post
        when you have a guy like that and the technology is there just replace him. It is stupid for an umpire to have that kind of effect on the game.
        I would be quite happy to them erased from the game. That umpire had a vendetta or a bet riding...or something stuck up his ***.

Comment

When you say worst umpire ever I assume you're going to be talking about the Cowboy. It doesn't matter how good or bad an umpire does on a single night I'm realtively certain at this point that Cowboy Joe West is the worst umpire in the league. The only guy close is Angel Hernandez now that Balkin' Bob Davidson is retired.

Comment

I'm not totally sold on pure technology, but I think umpire could use it to help them make calls.

Comment

for balls and strikes you either have to go with it totally or not at all. No way you can let someone look at single pitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Derinyar View Post
                When you say worst umpire ever I assume you're going to be talking about the Cowboy. It doesn't matter how good or bad an umpire does on a single night I'm realtively certain at this point that Cowboy Joe West is the worst umpire in the league. The only guy close is Angel Hernandez now that Balkin' Bob Davidson is retired.
                Joe West is no umpire at all. I doubt he's human.

The ump obviously didn't impact the final result last night, but some of his calls were just so absurdly wrong. Pitches that were 2 inches from the center of the zone were a ball...and some that were 8 inches outside were a strike. I don't even know who it was back there...just looking at his work made me dizzy.

Comment

Working...
                X