Yrizzari traded for International Cap Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yrizzari traded for International Cap Space

This was just posted, very interesting when you think about the Otani/Darvish situation!

Rangers have traded SS Yeyson Yrizzari to the Chicago White Sox for international slot compensation. Yrizzari was at Down East.

there will be more of this. yrizzari is talented but no path here,

Comment

I would have thought him more valuable than that.

Comment

The Rangers always stockpile on shortstops. There are probably some other kids in the system who are comparable.

Comment

If they are going for shotani how much more valuable would a torp be. Would you give up 4-5 yrizzaris for a torp? he was likely a throw in for a trade target at best

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post
            If they are going for shotani how much more valuable would a torp be. Would you give up 4-5 yrizzaris for a torp? he was likely a throw in for a trade target at best
            The kid is 20 and has a cannon arm. I would not be surprised if the White Sox turn him into a pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by RangersBamBam View Post
              The Rangers always stockpile on shortstops. There are probably some other kids in the system who are comparable.
              Who needs Yrizzari when you have Obie Ricumstrict???

You are right, its not splashy but we drafted Chris Seise high and he is batting .368 in the AZL. Christian Inoa is only 18 and already playing in Spokane. Ricumstrict is a new prospect also, they haven't gotten a lot of press but the Rangers clearly know their talent. We have a ton of guys in the DSL also.

That isn't to say that Yrizzari was blocked or anything, but he has the kind of tools to have trade value and we clearly wanted more cap room. They don't make moves like this until they have a player close to signing or think its a very good bet for Otani to sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post

You are right, its not splashy but we drafted Chris Seise high and he is batting .368 in the AZL. Christian Inoa is only 18 and already playing in Spokane. Ricumstrict is a new prospect also, they haven't gotten a lot of press but the Rangers clearly know their talent. We have a ton of guys in the DSL also.

That isn't to say that Yrizzari was blocked or anything, but he has the kind of tools to have trade value and we clearly wanted more cap room. They don't make moves like this until they have a player close to signing or think its a very good bet for Otani to sign.
                agreed. deleon is as good a prospect and he is ahead of him

Comment

I can hear the fans chanting it now. "Oh-tahn-ee! Oh-tahn-ee!"

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post

agreed. deleon is as good a prospect and he is ahead of him
                    I haven't seen Yrizzari play but I saw DeLeon last year. The profiles say he will be a utility INF but I think he will end up as a solid/average SS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post

I put Seise and Tejeda ahead of Yrizzzari and Deleon already. It's early but I think the organization is comfortable with Elvis and our situation over the next few years. Couple that with the Odor deal for better or worse and with our best player available strategy getting Seise......Yrizzari for Otani cap room makes sense. Pushing Deleon to Frisco so he can maybe become a prospect in a deal down the road is also something to consider. Ibanez too. And i know you disagree but Profar-Hand makes sense.

It also makes sense from a timing perspective. These middle infielders are rising in our system. At some point they lose value

Comment

to early on seise but understand the enthusiasm for all minor league players early as it represents hope

Comment

Only Arizona, Baltimore, Cleveland, Colorado and Pittsburgh can theoretically pay Otani higher.

http://www.newbergreport.com/article.asp?articleid=4400

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Harrah View Post

I put Seise and Tejeda ahead of Yrizzzari and Deleon already.
                            Tejeda is a great prospect but will he really stick at SS? Most of what you read is that he ends up at 2B or 3B and is a pretty average defender even at those positions.

Comment

And I'd put Chris Seise ahead of all of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X