No announcement yet.

typical darvish game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets get something straight. this guy isnt signing for 20 million a year. That is a pipe dream and his agent probably is offended with that offer. Lets also realize that this guy does not have a good handle of his pitch selection. The words no sooner were out of the announcers mouth that pujols couldnt catch up with darvishs fastball that he tries to fool him with a curve right in the middle of the plate that goes flying right out of the stadium. He really has no respect for the dominance of his pitches. He could do much more with what he has but really gets caught up with the appearance of dominance. If they pay him what he is going to need to stay it is going to be a franchise changing moment and I believe they are going to be asking themselves if it was worth it within two years of signing the contract. This is not the guy you sign to be the number one pitcher on your staff at 25-30 million per year unless mentally he adjusts to leading with his best two pitches right from the start of games and then adjusting through out the turns in the batting order. trying to fool everyone right from the start plays into other teams hands. He has the stuff to be dominant consistently. He is not consistently dominant.

Comment

I think Banister and Brocail caused Darvish to fail

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post
        lets get something straight. this guy isnt signing for 20 million a year. That is a pipe dream and his agent probably is offended with that offer. Lets also realize that this guy does not have a good handle of his pitch selection. The words no sooner were out of the announcers mouth that pujols couldnt catch up with darvishs fastball that he tries to fool him with a curve right in the middle of the plate that goes flying right out of the stadium. He really has no respect for the dominance of his pitches. He could do much more with what he has but really gets caught up with the appearance of dominance. If they pay him what he is going to need to stay it is going to be a franchise changing moment and I believe they are going to be asking themselves if it was worth it within two years of signing the contract. This is not the guy you sign to be the number one pitcher on your staff at 25-30 million per year unless mentally he adjusts to leading with his best two pitches right from the start of games and then adjusting through out the turns in the batting order. trying to fool everyone right from the start plays into other teams hands. He has the stuff to be dominant consistently. He is not consistently dominant.
        Let's get something straight: the Rangers got 2 hits and scored 0 runs. And let's get something else straight. If you gave every GM in the game the chance to select one Ranger players, they would all select Yu Darvish.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post
          I think it was LuCroy's pitch framing that caused Darvish to lose this game.

Comment

Darvish can't control what the other pitcher does. Give some credit to Ramirez. I look forward to Darvish helping this club with their second half push to playoffs. I'm actually going to miss him making starts for the Rangers after this season. I'm just going to enjoy every last performance of his.

Comment

However, I have noticed that the last couple of homers off of Yu have been off of a hanging curve. It can be a strike out pitch when he nails it but flies when he doesn't. He needs to learn a bit more about how to pitch. I guess it comes down to whether you'd want Jeremy Hellickson for around 18 to 20 million a year with his era around 4 or Yu Darvish for 25 million with his era around 3. I think Yu is the better deal. I don't think Yu will get a Greinke deal because he hasn't had the same sort of three year run that Greinke did before he signed his huge deal. If JD can work out 5 years at 125 million, I'd jump on it even if they have to have a couple of option years for 30 million each.

Comment

That’s what Japanese media saying: 20 millions plus annual salary. They are not sure about the “American media” anticipating $ 30 millions annual salary.

http://www.sankei.com/premium/news/1...080002-n3.html

If you sign a pitcher for $25M per year, you probably want to have some one can help him watch videos to improve. Instead of he “I asked myself 'how could I go to the next level?”

“I went home and talked to Seiko,” Darvish continued “She said that she had watched a lot of videos (of herself), so that prompted me to do so too. She was rivals with Saori Yoshida (3 time Olympic gold medalist, four Asian games and 13 world championships) and there was a time that all of a sudden Yoshida was able to get into a hold with Seiko, so (Seiko) looked at video (of herself) and was able to find her weakness(es).

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/mlb/range...rove/449936172

Comment

now that is something many on her would agree on. A better pitching coach that can get him to believe totally in his fastball and cutter could probably get him a few cy youngs. also as far as Yu winning games. That is irrelevant but his teams losing the game when he pitches that really matters because there is no way for this team to get itself into playoff position losing games started by Yu.
                  Last edited by rainag; 07-10-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Interesting read from Levi Weaver today. Here is just a snip:

"Ryan was 51-39 as a Ranger, and his team went 70-59 in his starts (13-39 when they scored 3 or fewer for him). Darvish is now 52-38 as a Ranger, and his team has gone 67-51 in his starts, 15-40 in low-scoring affairs."

With little-to-no run support...for emphasis:
                    Nolan Ryan: 13-39
                    Yu Darvish: 15-40

Comment

Everyone is eager to call that last Darvish game a failure and to blame it all on Banister and Brocail, I see. Wonder when they are going to come out of the shadows.

Comment

all that confirms is this is not a playoff team and should be sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post

Let's get something straight: the Rangers got 2 hits and scored 0 runs. And let's get something else straight. If you gave every GM in the game the chance to select one Ranger players, they would all select Yu Darvish.
                          lets get another thing straight. The rangers have had yu at below market cost for his entire tenure. He is a good pitcher a really good pitcher that often does not meet his full potential. Now going forward they are going to be paying full market price so the question is will he be worth that going forward. That is going to come down to the length of the contract. the further out they go the less likely it is that it will work out. I think every GM would love to have him at what the rangers have paid. That equation would change significantly at 30 million per year especially at 5 years or more

Comment

Everyone is eager to call that last Darvish game a failure and to blame it all on Banister and Brocail, I see. Wonder when they are going to come out of the shadows.
                            I think we should blame it all on Emily Jones.

Pitcher Yu Darvish was minding his own business at the end of a rare Rangers off day when a tweet from Emily Jones caught his eye.

Actually, it was a re-tweet. Jones, who serves as the dugout reporter. It was about a pit bull in need of a home.

"I thought, 'What would happen to the dog if no one picked her up?' " -- Yu Darvish

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/tex...ll-saves-pound

She know what happened after Derek Holland got a dog and what happened after Rough Odor got the horses
                            Last edited by mingjungtc; 07-10-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

OK, here are the nominees for culprits:

1. Banister and Brocail
                              2. Lucroy pitch framing
                              3. Emily Jones and a homeless dog
                              4. Pete Kosma
                              5. JD

I'm going to go with 4. I'm not seeing a line forming to cast a ballot for 1.

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post

I think we should blame it all on Emily Jones.

Pitcher Yu Darvish was minding his own business at the end of a rare Rangers off day when a tweet from Emily Jones caught his eye.

Actually, it was a re-tweet. Jones, who serves as the dugout reporter. It was about a pit bull in need of a home.

"I thought, 'What would happen to the dog if no one picked her up?' " -- Yu Darvish

http://forum.newbergreport.com/forum...l-darvish-game

She know what happened after Derek Holland got a dog and what happened after Rough Odor got the horses
                                Just as long as Yu doesn't trip over the dog and injure his knee.

Comment

Working...
                                X