typical darvish game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• typical darvish game

HR right down the middle. walk softly hit ball Defense not good enough. another run. he is good for about 3-4 runs over 6 or 7 Cant shut teams down that other pitchers can

Darvish pitched great today. It's not his fault he gets no run support.

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post
      HR right down the middle. walk softly hit ball Defense not good enough. another run. he is good for about 3-4 runs over 6 or 7 Cant shut teams down that other pitchers can
      That bad throw from Odor wasn't really his fault. Robinson lined himself up wrong to receive the throw and Odor would have hit the runner.

Comment

Darvish was a victim of poor offense and defensive butchery today. Choo's blunder in the eighth was Litttle League-esque.

Comment

he is a good pitcher that always takes the loss against lesser competition. I Just think he is not a front line stud and is not going to be worth 25 million per year to the franchise. if the contract is beyond 4 years they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post
            Darvish was a victim of poor offense and defensive butchery today. Choo's blunder in the eighth was Litttle League-esque.
            The only time Choo's feet should touch grass is the walk from the dugout to home plate. He should NEVER be given a start in the outfield.

Comment

he is a good pitcher that always takes the loss against lesser competition. I Just think he is not a front line stud and is not going to be worth 25 million per year to the franchise. if the contract is beyond 4 years they will regret it.
              Wins and losses is the dumbest way to judge starting pitchers. GM's don't judge them that way. You shouldn't either. To blame today's loss on Darvish is quite comical. He was the best player in the game today on either team.

Comment

Originally posted by edcoffin View Post

The only time Choo's feet should touch grass is the walk from the dugout to home plate. He should NEVER be given a start in the outfield.
                Which would limit further any chance of ultimately trading him and getting out of at least a portion of the contract. It would also limit the ability to give a rest to any other player using the DH position. It would also limit emergency options due to excessive rust. Some exposure in the OF still has value.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post

Wins and losses is the dumbest way to judge starting pitchers. GM's don't judge them that way. You shouldn't either. To blame today's loss on Darvish is quite comical. He was the best player in the game today on either team.
                  so if we get to a playoff game to get into the playoff this is the guy you want to start? You really ready to roll out $150 000 000 to sign him?

Comment

so if we get to a playoff game to get into the playoff this is the guy you want to start? You really ready to roll out $150 000 000 to sign him?
                    If you're talking about 150 over 5 yrs, I doubt that's going to happen. 5 and 125 probably though I'd open with 5 and 100 million.

Comment

He gave up 2 runs today right? Yeah I'm going to take my chances and hope the offense can support that.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post
                        Darvish pitched great today. It's not his fault he gets no run support.
                        This. Expecting him to shut out opponents is silly. He is to be commended and commiserated with -- again -- after getting no run support. The Rangers have scored zero or only one run in a bunch of his starts this year.

And any chance we have of re-signing him could evaporate with that reality.

The Rangers get shut out w/only two hits against a poor opposing starter. So what does Rainag do...blame Yu Darvish.
                        Last edited by ProfarMVP; 07-09-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BombsAwayJoeyGallo View Post

He gave up 2 runs today right? Yeah I'm going to take my chances and hope the offense can support that.
                          Exactly. Every team will lose close games, the issue today sure as heck wasn't Darvish.

Comment

You got a better idea? Guys with his stuff are a dime a dozen and are just all over the place, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
                              Guys with his stuff are a dime a dozen and are just all over the place, right?
                              Well, all over the half Japanese, half Persian households of Tokyo apparently. How hard could it be to track them all down?

Comment

Working...
                              X