Trades for Long Term and Short Term

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades for Long Term and Short Term

Rainag mentioned trading Lucroy, the way the team is playing right now I don’t think you move any player unless his replacement is as good or better. Daniels always makes trades that consider the short term and the long term.

I also wouldn’t overreact to the bullpen issues, the rotation guys coming back or getting into shape will lessen the need for bullpen innings. Diekman will return and Scheppers is improving also.

But that said, you might actually improve by trading Lucroy given his slump and how well Chirinos has been playing.

So what deals could you make that fall into that category? Would you make one of these deals below if you weakened a position – but picked up a premium prospect and freed up cash to extend Darvish?

Trade Lucroy and plug in Chirinos

Trade Choo and plug in Gallo

Trade Napoli and plug in Gallo

Trade Andrus and plug in Profar

definitely trade lucroy. he is not adding value to the lineup and there are always teams looking for catching. cleveland is a good target. wouldnt be opposed to trading napoli and putting gallo in. if you move choo you need someone with on base skills to replace him not another strike out guy.

Comment

I agree with trading Lucroy even if we're in WC contention. Chirinos is doing just as well if not better and we have other guys we can plug-in at backup. Cleveland would be an interesting target for him, we might even be able to work a deal for Aiken if they're down on him. His minors numbers haven't been great so far but I still find his potential tantalizing, and wouldn't really have objected if the Rangers had taken him at 4 back in 2015.

Finding a taker on Choo would be interesting, he hits wildly better when he's playing in the field and not DHing, but we'd probably have to eat a pretty sizable chunk of his contract.to get anything worthwhile back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
        Finding a taker on Choo would be interesting, he hits wildly better when he's playing in the field and not DHing, but we'd probably have to eat a pretty sizable chunk of his contract.to get anything worthwhile back.
        I think we trade Choo this offseason no matter what, with the issue being how much of his contract we have to pick up.

Comment

not so sure about that. who is ging to play in the outfield that gives you what he does. if DDJ is the guy I might agree with you. I also believe if we can sign gomez to a 3 year deal we should we dont have such a guy close to being ready

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post
            not so sure about that. who is ging to play in the outfield that gives you what he does. if DDJ is the guy I might agree with you. I also believe if we can sign gomez to a 3 year deal we should we dont have such a guy close to being ready
            In 64 games Choo has been a DH 35 times and in the OF 29 times. I'm not worried about DDJ or even Gallo or Rua being in the OF defensively.

Comment

I would be surprised if any of these deals happen. If Chirinos went down JD would look like an idiot if he had traded Lucroy. That said, The Lucroy deal may go down as one of the worst trades in Ranger history.

Comment

For this season, the best is yet to be. You can quote me.

Darvish, Hamels, Ross, Cashner, Griffin, Perez

Dirks, Martinez, Diekman added to the bullpen.

Trade for for a real closer and everything comes together.

Comment

I disagree about trading Elvis. He's been one of the most consistent hitters on the team. I think it's time for Profar to be traded. Napoli has little in the way of value right now. The only choice on him would be a DFA and eat the money.

I hear on MLB trade rumors that the Marlins may be considering selling relief pitchers. I'd inquire about AJ Ramos (a Lubbock, Texas boy). Maybe the Marlins might like some of our track star A ball infielders.

Comment

I would not change a thing! They'll have the full team back soon. They are winning big, going 10-5. Why mess that up? Sure, we might could use a relief pitcher, but it won't take Lucroy to get one. He has a waaaay better track record than Chirinos, and we could use them both.

What about that ABD? Wow! With all the pitching injuries, he's been a big help.

Let's not trade for tradings sake. Just enjoy the ride. They will soon have a great winning streak and be poised for a fantastic run. I'm just interested in getting some pitching off the DL. All the players we need are on that DL and most apoear to be about ready to return.... Hamels, Cashner, Griffin. Petez won't be out long. It's his right finger. They could probably tape it up and send him out to pitch tomorrow. Diekman? I don't know. But we have lots of pitching to get us through the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by texassooner1 View Post
                      For this season, the best is yet to be. You can quote me.

Darvish, Hamels, Ross, Cashner, Griffin, Perez

Dirks, Martinez, Diekman added to the bullpen.

Trade for for a real closer and everything comes together.
                      At this point, I'd rather leave ABD or Martinez in the rotation and move Perez to the bullpen. A) Both of those guys have outperformed Martin, especially lately, and B) this bullpen could use a second reliable lefty.

Comment

You made me barf a bit when you said trade Andrus and plug in Profar. I don't see a crucial need for prospects who aren't going to be that much better than what we have now. Improve the bullpen. The record would be a lot better if they haven't been such garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by RangersBamBam View Post
                          You made me barf a bit when you said trade Andrus and plug in Profar. I don't see a crucial need for prospects who aren't going to be that much better than what we have now. Improve the bullpen. The record would be a lot better if they haven't been such garbage.
                          Yeah, there's no way I trade Elvis to clear room for Profar. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by RangersBamBam View Post
                            I'm not advocating trading Andrus, but Daniels isn't a guy who is afraid to sell high on a player - and Andrus is clearly at peak value. If you got a package similar to what we gave up for Lucroy - and it freed up the money to resign Darvish, would you make that trade? I would.

Comment

BTW, a couple of notes on the original post - the Rangers had Conner Sadzeck pitch in relief tonight, so he may be a candidate for the bullpen soon. He throws 99 and that alone could make him a 7th inning option.

Also 1B Ron Guzman is hitting well, Scott Lucas thinks he is ready to hit major league pitching if needed. I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X