Trade Central

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Central

This is a thread where everyone convinced we are losers can pontificate about their best trade ideas for the Trade Deadline. Mainly, it's for those convinced we need to have a Fire Sale to vent about what players we may need to trade and who we can get. But, it's also OK to talk about what players we might acquire through trade to make the team better in case we are surging at the Trade Deadline.

I felt it would be nice to have one thread where we can collect all the trade ideas.

Not being bashful, I'll kick it off, even though I think we'll be in the hunt come July 31 and won't be trading.

What about trading Yu Darvish to the Dodgers for their best pitching prospect and an outfielder? I'm not sure who that would be, but it looks like they would make a great trade partner. Who is their best pitching prospect? Is their a centerfielder we could get? Who do you think we could get? And, do you think the Dodgers are a good trade partner?

MLBtraderumors has TB and MIN as teams with interest in Dyson

Dyson to MIN for RHP Jake Reed(#20 MIN prospect according to mlb.com)

Dyson, Profar, DeShields, Mendez for Alex Colome of TB

Comment

Those look like wild trades to me. Reed is a total dice throw, but about all we can get for Dyson at this point straight up. We actually can't pass up a trade like that. That second trade is a trip. Can you imagine if Tampa is in the race for Wild Card and we are not, and Colome is a PTBNL in a deal like that? What a drama that would be? It would be like the baseball Code 1 Top Secret deal of the century. They'd get that big bag of Rangers and we'd be waiting for the announcement of who we got until the postseason is over. A trade like that would be so cool.

Comment

IF we are out of the race come the Trade Deadline, do you guys think we could land Luke Wheeler and Harrison Bader from the Cardinals for Yu Darvish? Is that an even trade?

If we can, basically, we get their second-best pitching prospect, who could wind up a mid-rotation pitcher or very good reliever, and an above-average outfielder who is well-rounded and can play center field. Both could be on the Rangers as regulars in 2018. They are that close to the majors. This is nothing giant, but sonething that can give us immediate major-league depth and, potentially, two above-average players long term. I'm actually thinking we could get more for Darvish.

My thinking is that Deshields and Bader can battle it out for CF in 2018, with the other being the fourth outfielder. With Hamels leading the Rangers rotation, Griffin, Perez, Wheeler, Mendez and Martinez become candidates for the remaining spots. You can go ahead and sign Otani, Alex Cobb or some other guys to have a great rotation! The ones who don't make the rotation become relief candidates.

No matter what, to be competititve in 2018 we're going to have to sign two major-league pitchers, one a very good number two pitcher or better. But, they aren't going anywhere if they can't fill out the rotation with good pitchers and have a great bullpen. Adding Wheeler to the mix helps that a great deal. And, you know, the Cardinals don't like losing to the Cubs at all.

I'm not convinced Deshields can field a baseball well enough to be a long-term asset in the outfield. Bader could offer some good competition there.

Comment

The Dude is all about trying to get Urias from LA. He's one of the few guys I would trade Profar for. Perhaps Darvish and Profar for Urias and someone like a reliever and/or OF prospect?

Maybe this is controversial but Puig may benefit from a change of scenery. I don't see how Texas could fit him in anywhere right now, but I don't think LA would mind trading him and he'd be an interesting gamble to see what he could do in 2018.

Comment

I don't expect Texas to get anything but cash for Dyson

Comment

Originally posted by RangerDude2016 View Post
              The Dude is all about trying to get Urias from LA. He's one of the few guys I would trade Profar for. Perhaps Darvish and Profar for Urias and someone like a reliever and/or OF prospect?

Maybe this is controversial but Puig may benefit from a change of scenery. I don't see how Texas could fit him in anywhere right now, but I don't think LA would mind trading him and he'd be an interesting gamble to see what he could do in 2018.
              Hey, I actually agree with you on something. I think Urias is going to be special and if the Dodgers are in a hurry and don't want to wait for him to mature, it makes sense for them to pay for a rental on Darvish.

Comment

I don't expect Texas to get anything but cash for Dyson
                Basically, you're right about Dyson. I'd imagine JD is scouting hard for someone who can handle the 7th inning and not give up a top ten prospect in his system for him. He has been around long enough to know that remarkable turnarounds happen almost every year in baseball, and what you have to do is put your team in position to do it. Therefore, I think Darvish will finish the year in a Rangers uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by RangersBamBam View Post

Basically, you're right about Dyson. I'd imagine JD is scouting hard for someone who can handle the 7th inning and not give up a top ten prospect in his system for him. He has been around long enough to know that remarkable turnarounds happen almost every year in baseball, and what you have to do is put your team in position to do it. Therefore, I think Darvish will finish the year in a Rangers uniform.
                  I think he will, too. We'll see how the team does this month now that we have a couple of players back from the DL and might get Ross and Gomez back, too. In the meantime, we'll know who everyone wants if Darvish, Hamels and Ross suddenly turn out to be shabby pitchers.

Comment

The Dude is the most agreeable man in America, Sir.

Anyone know if LA is still looking for an upgrade at 2B? If so, they are a perfect match for trade involving Darvish and/or Odor/Profar.

Comment

Evan Grant thinks Texas consider trading Beltre. He doesn't think Texas will eat any salary and Beltre has 10-5 rights.

The Dude doesnt like the idea of trading Beltre, but being signed through next season, he could probably fetch a significant haul. If they do a full tear down and trade Beltre, Darvish, Lucroy, Napoli, Cashner, Ross, Et al, they could possibly go into 2018 with the best farm in baseball. Worth considering.

Comment

The Dude is the most agreeable man in America, Sir.

Anyone know if LA is still looking for an upgrade at 2B? If so, they are a perfect match for trade involving Darvish and/or Odor/Profar.
                        If not, they should be with the ancient Utley manning second.

Comment

What about trading Elvis?

He is having likely his best season so far. He is hitting above 300 and second to Corea in the AL and third overall in WAR for SS. He is 7th in OPS overall. For all those posters who have wanted to get rid of that contract, this might be the most opportune time to trade him. With Profar still waiting int he wings and looking for a position, if the team rebuilds then they would likely have a ready replacement..

Comment

Worst part of losing. Dumb trade ideas by frustrated fans. Stay the course and have some faith in the players and coaches.

Comment

Something to remember. The trade market is set and quantified by the team receiving a player, not the seller. Negotiation can improve the proposed value of what you get in return, but cannot change the basic valuation a receiving team puts forth. Good GM's don't begin with negotiations. they 'relent' to negotiate in order to make a transaction happen. Sometimes you can get more in return that you supposed a player's value was, and often you have to take a little less in order to deal. Metrics help make a case; they do not (often) push a deal to fruition immediately.

Comment

Working...
                              X