Huge Houston Series June 2-4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post
    I don't think the missing players would have made much difference against Houston. Yu is our best pitcher and we lost that game 7-1. As dannyboy said...Houston's roster is just much better top to bottom.
    Looks like a couple of missing players helped quite a bit the second time around in June with the Rangers winning two of three. Now we have more players back on the field. They dominated us only because of the injuries. Now the tables are turned. I would not be surprised if we sweep them in August next time. The heat is on.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post
      Looks like a couple of missing players helped quite a bit the second time around in June with the Rangers winning two of three. Now we have more players back on the field. They dominated us only because of the injuries.
      Carl...I sure hope you are right! But the results aren't in on how a complete Ranger roster will fare against a good Astros team. Ross could be an important piece if he can pitch like he did in his first game.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post

Ross's first game: 5 2/3rd IP, 2 runs, 5 SO, W

Not too shabby, I'd say. Looks like he's bringing a lot of those "intangibles" to the game. Five strikeouts is pretty good from someone returning from TOS.
        Like you said, the strikeouts are the most encouraging, as well as almost getting through 6 IPs first game back. If he can get the velocity and movement back, that's a big time development and probably the biggest hurdles coming back from TOS.

Comment

Working...
        X