Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so what did YU say to his team mates after being pulled on tuesday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what did YU say to his team mates after being pulled on tuesday?

what is going on there?

As soon as Tuesday's loss to Oakland ended, Darvish went to pitching coach Doug Brocail to watch film and consulted with second baseman Rougned Odor about whether he'd gotten too defensive. On Wednesday, he engaged Brocail and various teammates about what went wrong after he was given a 2-0 lead in the sixth inning. He allowed four runs in the bottom of the sixth.

"Men typically isolate themselves when things go wrong," manager Jeff Banister said. "To see Yu do that, that's good. In this game, you can run into challenging innings and challenging situations. To engage teammates and talk about things means he's in a good place."

Banister and Darvish also talked one-on-one Wednesday morning. Banister, like Brocail, underscored the need for Darvish to be willing throw inside more often. Darvish has thrown only 30 percent of his pitches this season to the inner third of the strike zone or farther in. Darvish acknowledged the need to better establish his presence on the inner portion of the plate.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/tex...g-start-career

Yu probably won’t be here next year
    http://www.lonestarball.com/2017/4/1...h-rangers-exit

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
      As soon as Tuesday's loss to Oakland ended, Darvish went to pitching coach Doug Brocail to watch film and consulted with second baseman Rougned Odor about whether he'd gotten too defensive. On Wednesday, he engaged Brocail and various teammates about what went wrong after he was given a 2-0 lead in the sixth inning. He allowed four runs in the bottom of the sixth.

"Men typically isolate themselves when things go wrong," manager Jeff Banister said. "To see Yu do that, that's good. In this game, you can run into challenging innings and challenging situations. To engage teammates and talk about things means he's in a good place."

Banister and Darvish also talked one-on-one Wednesday morning. Banister, like Brocail, underscored the need for Darvish to be willing throw inside more often. Darvish has thrown only 30 percent of his pitches this season to the inner third of the strike zone or farther in. Darvish acknowledged the need to better establish his presence on the inner portion of the plate.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/tex...g-start-career

Yu probably won’t be here next year
      http://www.lonestarball.com/2017/4/1...h-rangers-exit
      .........I think there's a better chance that Yu will be here next year than Lucroy re-signing or extending.
      Upon acquiring Greg Goosen on waivers from the Dodgers, Mets Manager, Casey Stengel introduced him with "This is Greg Goosen. He's 19 years old, and in 10 years he's got a chance to be 29 ".

Comment

Originally posted by wufdog View Post

.........I think there's a better chance that Yu will be here next year than Lucroy re-signing or extending.
        I'd be very leery of offering Lucroy an extension. Big-money catcher contracts that start at age 32 are usually a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post

I'd be very leery of offering Lucroy an extension. Big-money catcher contracts that start at age 32 are usually a bad idea.
          Give him the money per year he wants just not the years he wants. Let someone else give a six or seven year contract. At 32, four years are the most. My guess is neither guy is here.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleshipTx View Post

Give him the money per year he wants just not the years he wants. Let someone else give a six or seven year contract. At 32, four years are the most. My guess is neither guy is here.
            Wow, I didn't hear that he was asking for 7 years, that's nuts. I read he was asking for 17MM per year and Texas was offering 14MM, so I assumed a deal would get done. But wow, not for 7 years.

Comment

To me, for the money allocation, I roll with Chirinos next year if Lucroy won't budge on those demands. And Yu Darvish may be here, but I doubt it will be for more than $25/year on a shorter deal than we think. Anything more for longer term, and he won't be here either.

Comment

I'd be surprised to see either one here next year. I'd rather see Lucroy signed for 3-4 years than see Yu back. jmo

Comment

Working...
                X