Would you trade ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you trade ...

Would you trade Gallo for Josh Donaldson? Sounds unfair as JD is just a year away from an MVP season. But Toronto only controls him in 2017 and 2018, his cost is pretty reasonable but high 28,65mm for 2017 and arbitration value for 2018. The RH pop would sure be nice. I guess it depends on your view of Gallo and whether you are long-term vs short-term oriented. Toronto keeps playing badly and JD will be available for the right price by the trade deadline. If you think a strict budget is on JD, then the actions he would have to take for cost savings might be worse than the cost of giving up on Gallo.

Is Beltre dead in this scenario?

Comment

NO.....can't stand Donaldson.....period!!!

Comment

Did Donaldson pick up pitching? That's the main thing that's killing this club, and there isn't an immediate solution, I'm afraid.
        Last edited by RangersBamBam; 04-20-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Im sure Toronto could get a better deal than Gallo. Unless this season turns around I dont think I would.

Comment

Originally posted by RangersBamBam
            Did Donaldson pick up pitching? That's the main thing that's killing this club, and there isn't an immediate solution, I'm afraid.
            I disagree a little. Dyson is what has killed this team along with some pretty inept offensive output. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you have an inept offense while leading the league in runs scoref?

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post
                How do you have an inept offense while leading the league in runs scoref?
                The offense is strange, though. We are dead last in team batting average 4th from last in OBP but score a lot of runs. Clutch hitting and hitting homers with multiple people on base I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev View Post

The offense is strange, though. We are dead last in team batting average 4th from last in OBP but score a lot of runs. Clutch hitting and hitting homers with multiple people on base I guess.
                  Yeah, that's worrisome. Waiting for Gallo to not strike out and launch one into the bleachers isn't a great plan for the long term. And, I'm surprised by all this. We have guys like Napoli (.250 OBP) and Lucroy (.224) who are usually quite good at getting on base by hook or by crook. Andrus was like an OBP star last year.

I really thought this team would be better at getting on base, better than last year. I even commented on it. Maybe even started an entire thread about that prospect. So far that has not been the case!

Maybe it will get better as Napoli and Lucroy "progress" toward their means and Beltre comes back.

I think some of it may be that the pitchers haven't been giving them much chance to walk. They instead have been giving them some good pitches to drive hard. They are second in HR, yet are not getting a lot of doubles and not walking. They are just knocking the hell out of the ball trying to drive it high over the fence and with pretty good success. Longer-term, I'm not sure that is the best policy, but for now I'll take it. Their run scoring just tailed off to fifth in the league, so maybe they need to make adjustments.

"Strange" is a good word for it.

Comment

I think the entire lineup with benefit with Beltre back in the cleanup spot. Pitchers will have to come after Mazara, and Napoli can take a breath. I agree, OBP was what I thought would carry this team. Certainly not leading the league in homers. I'm sure there will be some progression/regression to the mean, but I think it will all play out fine over the course of the season, and hopefully before the trade deadline.

Comment

Also, Donaldson now has the dreaded calf injury.

Comment

Working...
                      X