Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass half full

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Glass half full

    Not to be confused with best offense... but unless my math is wrong (and it may be), we do still have the highest scoring offense in the league (runs per game)... even after only scoring 1 run in the first two games of the Seattle series.

    Our starter's ERA is 3.42, which is 4th in the AL.

    We aren't as bad as our record would indicate. I think this team is going to do something special this year. Or perhaps I'm just Flounder-ing.

    Either way, I'm curious what folks thoughts are on our offense and our starter's abilities to keep up the good work are? It feels like there are a lot of holes in the lineup right now so it seems incredible that we've scored at the pace we have.

  • #2
    Good point, we are putting up a lot of runs with Beltre on the DL and Napoli and Gomez starting slow out of the gate. They are doing it because the entire lineup can hit, not just a hot streak from a couple of guys.

    Comment


    • #3
      After Mazara and Andrus... who is the third best bat right now? Lucroy? I feel like a case can be made for Gallo.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GaryB44 View Post
        After Mazara and Andrus... who is the third best bat right now? Lucroy? I feel like a case can be made for Gallo.
        Probably Gallo like you say. That is what is so crazy about the point in your original post, we basically have two guys hitting and our Spring Training star has few ABs than the team has games played. And we still lead the AL in runs.

        Comment


        • #5
          That's what I love about the rangers. Everybody can hit! That's how a Team wins I always believed that a few superstars are necessary but they are absolutely useless if the rest of the team can't hit when required.

          Comment


          • #6
            I believe in the names of the back of the jerseys of our hitters. They have a good track record and/or past reputation as prospects from scouts league-wide. I don't feel the same way about our pitching. Other than Hamels and Darvish, I don't get the same level confidence from them to be outstanding year in and year out. Our manager Bannister, however, has worked magic in getting so much out of pitchers with not so great talent. So, that keeps me trying to be optimistic.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ericlobster View Post
              That's what I love about the rangers. Everybody can hit! That's how a Team wins I always believed that a few superstars are necessary but they are absolutely useless if the rest of the team can't hit when required.
              Totally agree. I refer to that as "Luis Pujols Syndrome". Remember when he signed with the Angels and reporters said it made them World Series Contenders?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post
                Good point, we are putting up a lot of runs with Beltre on the DL and Napoli and Gomez starting slow out of the gate. They are doing it because the entire lineup can hit, not just a hot streak from a couple of guys.
                If you look at Gomez's batting average and OBP, you think he's not contributing much. But, then, you look at the box score every night and he's seen more pitches than anyone on the team, working those pitchers he faces until their arms are about to fall off. Tonight's game was a good example in his first at-bat where he saw about a dozen pitches. He got on base that time, but there are many times he'll make them work like that and not get on base. That's how they wear down pitchers. I bet the pitchers he faces don't like him one bit. I like watching the way he battles. He's not an easy out at all, and when he does finally connect he usually hits it hard.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post
                  I bet the pitchers he faces don't like him one bit. I like watching the way he battles. He's not an easy out at all, and when he does finally connect he usually hits it hard.
                  Agree, his defense is an upgrade over last year as well.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X