continue to be baffled by banisters use of the bullpen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• continue to be baffled by banisters use of the bullpen

havent liked it since he came here. Dont like the way they try to hide guys during spring training and not expose them in the last week to ten days and dont like the way he handles a pitcher like barnette that gives up the run then brings him out for a second inning against the top of the lineup. Guy just has difficulty making sound decisions in the pen. wtf banister you are an idiot for pitching dyson in the late innings. cant even field the position
    Last edited by rainag; 04-16-2017, 05:40 PM.

I hate the way Banister manages his bullpen. Have since he got here. It's classic NL overmanaging.

Comment

I knew it was a loss as soon as Dyson came in. The Rangers would be 8 and 4 if Banister didn't have his head up his ***. I wonder how he'll feel about managing nothing when the Rangers trade Hamels, Darvish, and Lucroy at the deadline?

Comment

OMG! The manager needs to pull his head out of his a$$. So ridiculous. He's letting Dyson sink their season.... Yes, I do know it's not many games but these games come back to haunt you. I just can't believe he keeps running him out there. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This situation with Dyson doesn't seem crazy to me but I would agree the bullpen is Bannister's biggest weakness. I said it at the time and enough time has passed to look back on it - when Shawn Tolleson was the closer Bannister pitched him on five consecutive days at the end of the season for no good reason. He nothing in that fifth game and it was a completely inexplicable move.

Comment

So what do you boys suggest we do with Dyson right now?

One player can't carry a team...but Dyson is making a good case that one guy can sink it.

Comment

Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post

One player can't carry a team...but Dyson is making a good case that one guy can sink it.
              Give him three or four weeks in low-leverage situations and let him get some confidence back. In addition to screwing the other 24 players on the roster, Banister is doing Dyson no favors by continuing to throw him in late-and-close situations. Every game he blows for the team makes him that much less likely to recover this season.

Dyson's a good pitcher with a track record of success. There's no reason he shouldn't be able to get "it" back at some point. But his confidence has to be shot right now, and Banister played a bigger role than anyone in that by continuing to kick him while he's down.

Comment

Maybe the Rangers need to bring in Marcel Lachemann who was the American pitching coach for the WBC team that Dyson pitched so well for.

Comment

I don't think he wanted to use Dyson last night, and Bush was limited essentially to one inning and Jeffress to less than that. So he made the decision to ride Barnette early when the situation dictated, can't really disagree with that ... so Dyson was the best option left by the time we got to the 9th

The only bone I would have to pick is, dude use Claudio more! LOOGY situations should go to Alvarez (it's just one batter) freeing up Claudio for full and multiple inning stints, that is the way he could have shielded Dyson last night.
                  The Texidor Tornado

Comment

Originally posted by ProfarMVP View Post

DL him for 10 days. two minor league relief appearances then 7th or 6th inning appearances until he gets it together. Tell kela the team really needs him. Bring him up and attach a mentor like they did for hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by fireovid View Post
                      I don't think he wanted to use Dyson last night, and Bush was limited essentially to one inning and Jeffress to less than that. So he made the decision to ride Barnette early when the situation dictated, can't really disagree with that ... so Dyson was the best option left by the time we got to the 9th

The only bone I would have to pick is, dude use Claudio more! LOOGY situations should go to Alvarez (it's just one batter) freeing up Claudio for full and multiple inning stints, that is the way he could have shielded Dyson last night.
                      he definitely misused claudio yesterday. Alvarez is really there as a loogy. He probably cant consistently get through an inning. cxlaudio should have taken barnettes place after his one inning of work. could have saved jeffress for the 9th

Comment

Originally posted by Redcap View Post
                        Maybe the Rangers need to bring in Marcel Lachemann who was the American pitching coach for the WBC team that Dyson pitched so well for.
                        I can tell you I have zero confidence in brocail straightening anyone out

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post

I can tell you I have zero confidence in brocail straightening anyone out
                          I don't think you can blame Brocail for what is going wrong with Dyson. It's on Dyson. The rest of the bullpen has been doing their job, about what was expected of them. Dyson did OK the night before, got back into a pressure situation and blew it again. There isn't much Brocail can do about that. You didn't give Brocail credit for getting him back on track Saturday, so who wants to listen to you wine about Brocail for Sunday? When are you going to give him credit for the rest of the bullpen that's doing just fine?

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post

I don't think you can blame Brocail for what is going wrong with Dyson. It's on Dyson. The rest of the bullpen has been doing their job, about what was expected of them. Dyson did OK the night before, got back into a pressure situation and blew it again. There isn't much Brocail can do about that. You didn't give Brocail credit for getting him back on track Saturday, so who wants to listen to you wine about Brocail for Sunday? When are you going to give him credit for the rest of the bullpen that's doing just fine?
                            hey man if brocail isnt there to straighten out pitchers wtf is he there for? Just let him go and let then pitchers figure themselves out then. They said brocail has been trying to reset his delivery. It aint working so let poor sam have some time off to rework things without throwing him into the fire every couple of days until he finds his delivery. It is clear banister doesnt know how to handle struggling guys. He just tosses them back out there. as far as giving brocaiil credit. It was in a non save situation and he almost gave a HR up to cruz. Just barely stayed in the park. Great effort. If banister would have just stuck with that plan for a week or so it might have worked. Instead toss him back into a save situation.
                            Last edited by rainag; 04-17-2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I agree it was frustrating that Dyson could not come into a save situation and perform the way he did the night before, but let's give Brocail credit for that inning the night before not just trash him things go wrong. Things go right, too, is all I'm saying. Now that Kela is back, that might give Banister more options in the ninth.

Comment

Working...
                              X