Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The heck with the next TORP, who is our next closer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grant answering when Kela is coming back. "Status quo. With each day he stays there, inches closer to dropping below full year of service time for '17 which would impact eventual FA. "

Comment

Manager Jeff Banister said that he has no concerns where Dyson pitches in a game after he and pitching coach Doug Brocail have spent the past four days working on the mechanical flaw that led to Dyson surrendering 11 runs in three innings this season.

Dyson said that he wasnt driving enough with his back leg and was swinging open his front hip as he strode toward home. That was causing his front shoulder to open up and keeping him from staying on top of the ball.

Its just more a transfer of energy down than mound than getting side to side on it, Dyson said. Its more getting a little more weight on my back side and being able to get my hip cocked a little bit and working out over it instead of getting straight up and swinging the gate open.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...144856394.html

Comment

Wow, never saw this one coming: " outrighted righty Tanner Scheppers to Triple-A Round Rock, removing him from their 40-man roster. Cashner is set to make his Rangers debut tonight against the Mariners. " Goodbye Tanner.

Comment

Originally posted by texassooner1 View Post
          Wow, never saw this one coming: " outrighted righty Tanner Scheppers to Triple-A Round Rock, removing him from their 40-man roster. Cashner is set to make his Rangers debut tonight against the Mariners. " Goodbye Tanner.
          I'm OK with that. Scheppers has had one good career in his career and it was fueled by an unsustainably low BABIP. He's got arm talent, but he's very rarely been a reliable major league pitcher.

Comment

Grant answering when Kela is coming back. "Status quo. With each day he stays there, inches closer to dropping below full year of service time for '17 which would impact eventual FA. "
            You had to think about that from the start and Grant's tweet has to mean that was the punishment. Kela goes to the minors just long enough to lose a FA year and then is recalled the next day.

Comment

Very odd, there must be significant issues with Scheppers that they don't see getting any better.

Comment

so is it may 1 when he has to be here to qualify?

Comment

It's good we dominate the Astros. We may have to, just to stay in the hunt.

Comment

wtf? Please pitch anyone else in the 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Harrah
                      wtf? Please pitch anyone else in the 9th.
                      No kidding.... Think about the other 24 guess on the team. Dyson isn't getting it done.... period. He can't justify this. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
                        Manager Jeff Banister said that he has no concerns where Dyson pitches in a game after he and pitching coach Doug Brocail have spent the past four days working on the mechanical flaw that led to Dyson surrendering 11 runs in three innings this season.

Dyson said that he wasnt driving enough with his back leg and was swinging open his front hip as he strode toward home. That was causing his front shoulder to open up and keeping him from staying on top of the ball.

Its just more a transfer of energy down than mound than getting side to side on it, Dyson said. Its more getting a little more weight on my back side and being able to get my hip cocked a little bit and working out over it instead of getting straight up and swinging the gate open.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...144856394.html
                        Well, it looks like they finally got Dyson figured out. Excellent coaching by Doug Broccoli. Think about what the Rangers' record would be right now if Dyson didn't suck so bad.

Comment

definition of insanity

Comment

I guess Dyson and Leclerc were the only ones left in the bullpen they could use and Banister felt Dyson's performance the night before justified giving him another shot. That's the only thing I can figure.

Comment

yeah but he used people up earlier by misusing them. dont get it at all.

Comment

Send Dyson to AAA Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X