Broke-Ail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke-Ail

It's about time people realize what Maddux meant to the pitching staff. In all their years they never EVER had a complete competent staff (even though they did have good individual pitchers) before Maddux. He had them pitching well year in and year out - top to bottom and starters through all relief.. Brocail flat out sucks and is in wayyyyyyyy over his head. It's no wonder Holland fell apart. And is there anyone who could get less out of the talent of Yu and Hamels than Brocail has in his time here? There is no reason whatsoever these guys are pitching as crappy as they are right now other than an incompetent pitching coach like Doug.

Originally posted by TeXan View Post
    It's about time people realize what Maddux meant to the pitching staff. In all their years they never EVER had a complete competent staff (even though they did have good individual pitchers) before Maddux. He had them pitching well year in and year out - top to bottom and starters through all relief.. Brocail flat out sucks and is in wayyyyyyyy over his head. It's no wonder Holland fell apart. And is there anyone who could get less out of the talent of Yu and Hamels than Brocail has in his time here? There is no reason whatsoever these guys are pitching as crappy as they are right now other than an incompetent pitching coach like Doug.
    .........he must not insist that they do their jumping jacks every day.
    Upon acquiring Greg Goosen on waivers from the Dodgers, Mets Manager, Casey Stengel introduced him with "This is Greg Goosen. He's 19 years old, and in 10 years he's got a chance to be 29 ".

Comment

I don't think this is a jumping jack problem. They all seem to be in top shape. It may be the beards. The beards may be becoming a distraction. If things don't turn around I'd certainly look into that as a possibility.

Comment

People can defend Brocail if they want, but we replaced one of the best in the business with a guy who was demoted at his last job and has put out a thoroughly mediocre product his short time in Texas. To keep good people, you've got to pay good people. And in this instance we're getting what we've paid for.

Comment

have to agree on brocail. He has a very talented bullpen and come out like crap the last two years. The lack of execution in the starting staff is also troubling. I do not like the way they prepare for the season trying to be so cute in having their mainline pitchers pitching in minor league games to avoid teams seeing them in arizona. I think that is a crap idea. Who cares if they see you. Just execute your pitches and get them out. It is your job.

Comment

If we can't get Mike back maybe they should throw a line to Greg?

Comment

Originally posted by Redcap View Post
              If we can't get Mike back maybe they should throw a line to Greg?
              If nothing else, he throws a mean batting practice.

Comment

now that is funny as hell!!!

Comment

Brocail isn't as good as M. Maddox, I'll give you that. The Rangers aren't cheap either There had to be some longstanding friction between him and the front office to want Daniels to go another direction. It was probably best for both sides, more so Maddox. I can't judge the Rangers' overall pitching until I see what Cashner and Ross do as starters and how they in turn affect the bullpen.
                  Last edited by RangersBamBam; 04-09-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

The Rangers offered Maddux a contract but he hesitated about signing it presumably because he was looking for a manager's job. The Rangers got tired of waiting and went another direction.

Comment

Maddux is the type of coach you wait on, particularly when the alternative is Doug Brocail, whose equal can be found any number of places at any given time. Brocail is the quintessential JAG -- was as a player is as a coach. The Rangers mishandled that situation and weakened their staff as a result.

Comment

Brocail did a good job getting Leclerc and Jeffress adjusted to the Rangers. Seems he helped Dyson get some confidence back today by putting him in a low key situation. He's got Perez back to his peak performance, too. Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post
                          Brocail did a good job getting Leclerc and Jeffress adjusted to the Rangers. Seems he helped Dyson get some confidence back today by putting him in a low key situation. He's got Perez back to his peak performance, too. Good job!
                          I seriously doubt that Brocail put Dyson in there.... that was pure Banister. As for Perez, I'd give some of that credit to King Felix.

Comment

When Perez was climbing up the prospect ranks, it was his changeup that was considered his best pitch, the weapon that made him so exciting to prospect-philes. His change was largely absent in the second half of 2015 and in 2016, as he returned from Tommy John surgery, and without the change, Perez lacked a swing-and-miss pitch to put batters away with. Today, we saw Perez use the changeup effectively, and saw him get the whiffs he needs to be more than a back-end starter.

http://www.lonestarball.com/2017/4/9...-1-rangers-win

Comment

Maddux was his coach on 2015. Good to see Brocail encourage Perez to go back to his changeup. We're going to have a great season.

Comment

Working...
                              X