this team is flat out not executing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incy29
    I've seen this before. Start a season and Joe Nathan blows the saves, the Feliz can't do anything, Scheppers is a time bomb, then Tolleson can't hold on to a lead anymore. I guess its Dyson's turn to lose his mojo and then Bush or Kela become the new closer.
    Just saying......... Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

he is sickening you have to pull the plug on this

Comment

Originally posted by Incy29 View Post
        Just saying......... Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
        when you have no command you cant pitch late in games. hear that jeffress?
        Last edited by rainag; 04-11-2017, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post
          dyson has no idea where his pitches are going. lot of movement but it is going right over the heart of the plate
          He isn't throwing it down the middle, like Feliz did when he imploded. The ball Trout hit was at the knees and two inches outside the zone, it wasn't a great pitch but Mike Trout is Mike Trout.

I think Dyson gets one more game and they hand the keys to Bush, but he wasn't throwing batting practice pitches tonight.

Comment

BTW, I'll go on record ahead of time that Jeffries isn't the answer. I type this with a 3-2 count on Maybin.

Comment

I'm finally getting tired of this, too. It's time to go to the bullpen by committee solution like they did with Tolleson, and may the best man win. He threw three different pitches tonight... two-seamer, a 96 mph fast ball and changeup. His command is just off. I don't know why when he had success on that high inside strike to Trout he didn't come back with it later and instead went to the low outside corner several times in a row until Trout had the timing and location down in his mind and sent it sailing. He seems to have the best results with the two-seamer, but he let it get too much of the plate a couple of times. It's lack of command on his best pitch that is getting him, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post
                BTW, I'll go on record ahead of time that Jeffries isn't the answer. I type this with a 3-2 count on Maybin.
                How. Did. I. Know.

Comment

That one's on Banister, whose bullpen usage in general is maddening. Anyone who's watched Dyson pitch this season could tell he's not right. You can't allow the same guy to lose game after game.

On a related topic, this is the second year in a row where a bullpen that should have been a strength is a massive weakness.

Comment

Dyson needs to be removed as the closer. He's lost 3 games by himself and I'm sure these games will haunt the Rangers at the end of the year. Old saying is you can't win the division in April but you can lose it in April. 3 huge losses Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post
                      That one's on Banister. Anyone who's watched Dyson pitch this season could tell he's not right. You can't allow the same guy to lose game after game.
                      I think so. I wager every one of us was sitting at home wondering when Banister would pull him before it was too late. The other two relievers tonight weren't all that much better. I like Bush the best at this point. Whatever, it's time to move on from Dyson as closer. Keep him around, but give others a chance at that role until something settles in this bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post

I think so. I wager every one of us was sitting at home wondering when Banister would pull him before it was too late. The other two relievers tonight weren't all that much better. I like Bush the best at this point. Whatever, it's time to move on from Dyson as closer. Keep him around, but give others a chance at that role until something settles in this bullpen.
                        The problem is Jeffress has been unreliable this year, too. So the options are pretty limited. Matt Bush is by far the most talented pitcher in this bullpen and should be the choice IMO. But do we have enough in front of him to keep us in games into the ninth? I don't know that I'd feel much better with Jeffress and Dyson pitching in the seventh or eighth of a close game than I do in the ninth at the moment.

Comment

Leclerc has looked good.

Comment

Leclerc has looked good.
                            He has, but I still don't trust him any farther than I can throw him. That 5-plus career BB/9 still scares the heck out of me.

A few more outings like the three he's started the season with, though, and that could change.

Comment

Well... I look forward to tomorrow's game. If Griffin is on throwing strikes, I don't think these Angels can hit his weird pitches. Follow him up with Leclerc, Claudio and Bush, our three best relievers right now. See if the Angels can deal with that. I don't think they can. And we have a Darvish start coming against these guys. The Rangers can't be swept by the first-place team and dig a hole. The Astros won tonight, making matters more pressing. It's time to start turning things around.

I think the bullpen-by-committee approach and getting our team leader back will help. I'm glad Gallo is doing better, but think we need our team leader on the field. Maybe let Gallo play some 1B at Round Rock so he can be prepared in case Napoli doesn't start batting better.

If this bullpen group can't adjust, we have starting pitchers like Griffin, Cashner, Gee and Gamboa who might do better. Who knows? Once Ross is in this rotation, there are many good starting pitchers in the organization already who might make good relievers, not just relief pitchers. The idea of a knuckleball reliever is intriguing.

And what about Kela sitting there in reserve? This team isn't hurting as much as the record says right now.
                              Last edited by Flounder1; 04-12-2017, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Well... I look forward to tomorrow's game. If Griffin is on throwing strikes, I don't think these Angels can hit his weird pitches. Follow him up with Leclerc, Claudio and Bush, our three best relievers right now. See if the Angels can deal with that. I don't think they can. And we have a Darvish start coming against these guys. The Rangers can't be swept by the first-place team and dig a hole. The Astros won tonight, making matters more pressing. It's time to start turning things around.

I think the bullpen-by-committee approach and getting our team leader back will help. I'm glad Gallo is doing better, but think we need our team leader on the field. Maybe let Gallo play some 1B at Round Rock so he can be prepared I case Napoli doesn't start batting better.

If this bullpen group can't adjust, we have starting pitchers like Griffin, Cashner, Gee and Gamboa who might do better. Who knows? Once Ross is in this rotation, there are many good starting pitchers in the organization already who might make good relievers, not just relief pitchers. The idea of a knuckleball reliever is intriguing.

And what about Kela sitting there in reserve? This team isn't hurting as much as the record says right now.
                                What's frustrating is the offense, while strikeout prone and a little more dependent on the home run than I would like, has been pretty darn good to start the year. But the pitching, particularly out of the bullpen, has been distressing. On the bright side, all of our top three starters pitched really well in their second starts. Hopefully Griffin will continue that trend tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X