this team is flat out not executing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this team is flat out not executing

Starting pitching not up to snuff. Small mistakes add up. We should be playing to win right now in the 6th not trying to stretch hamels further. lucroy is struggling a lot with balls in the dirt add dyson to the list. He has no idea where his pitches are going. dominated wbc and is a clown now. wtf banister?
    Last edited by rainag; 04-05-2017, 09:20 PM.

It must be fun to be an Indians fan right about now.

Comment

I'm sorta glad the Rangers started out against Cleveland. They are the team to beat in the American League. This experirience shows the team what they have to do to measure up. Cleveland has been setting the standard for awhile now. The wheels in the dugout and FO have to be turning right now.

I have confidence they will figure it out. They were closer to sweeping the Indians than it feels right now. The Rangers were never completely out of any game.

Comment

I've seen this before. Start a season and Joe Nathan blows the saves, the Feliz can't do anything, Scheppers is a time bomb, then Tolleson can't hold on to a lead anymore. I guess its Dyson's turn to lose his mojo and then Bush or Kela become the new closer. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Incy29 View Post
          I've seen this before. Start a season and Joe Nathan blows the saves, the Feliz can't do anything, Scheppers is a time bomb, then Tolleson can't hold on to a lead anymore. I guess its Dyson's turn to lose his mojo and then Bush or Kela become the new closer. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
          Its only one game for Dyson. The team is out of sync and needs to execute better, but Cleveland is a very good team. I wouldn't overreact, its a bit of both sides of the coin.

Comment

It's actually two games now. He's allowed twice as many runs as outs recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by Incy29 View Post
              I guess its Dyson's turn to lose his mojo and then Bush or Kela become the new closer. Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
              Jeffress. That's my bold prediction for the season. By the end of the year, he'll the closer.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerDude2016 View Post

Jeffress. That's my bold prediction for the season. By the end of the year, he'll the closer.
                Him or Barnette, but Jeffress has the edge with experience being the guy. Bush is too valuable in the setup roll due to his ability to go 2 innings dominantly.

That being said, I know we have seen this in the past. But I think Dyson will be fine. Needs to get the command a little sharper and hopefully come out of this rough start. Need him.

Comment

Originally posted by saclare View Post

Him or Barnette, but Jeffress has the edge with experience being the guy.
                  Jeffress has the edge being a ground ball machine. If you need someone who can get a double play and not give up a homer, he's your guy.

Comment

Originally posted by saclare View Post

That being said, I know we have seen this in the past. But I think Dyson will be fine. Needs to get the command a little sharper and hopefully come out of this rough start. Need him.
                    Thank you for not freaking out. Its only two games and its against a team that went to the WS last year, a little perspective would be good.

Comment

1st year Dyson was nails. Last year he had people in base a lot. He had trouble keeping pitches in the zone same as now. I would give someone else a shot. Use Dyson earlier and see if you can get him on track

Comment

Bush and Dyson could not hold the lead in the first game. We had them into the eighth, though, when Encarnacion tied it up with the home run off Bush. Dyson gave up three runs to lose the game.

The second game was a little different. The Rangers were losing the whole game, not by much. They managed to make it a one-run loss with Napoli's double scoring Mazara from second against their closer. Give credit to Allen for striking out Odor, Profar and Gallo to hold off the Rangers after that.

And we all recall the third game heartbreaker. Barnette and Bush did excellent jobs taking over from Hamels, and our offense gave Dyson a two-run lead. It wasn't just the big home run. Dyson was in trouble before that, with Cleveland loading up the bases on cheap hits and walks and then walking in a run before the grand slam.

Maybe the Rangers weren't really in game two, but that was a close one. The other two they had in their grasp before Dyson came into the games. So, except for some anamolous, freaky poor pitching from Dyson, we played the World Champions really tight. That's just not like Sam Dyson at all.

You have to expect a team like that to be tough, but this was not a case of our Rangers being blown out of the water. Neither team was perfect. Look at the 14 runs the Rangers scored on those guys. It's early, so there's plenty of rust around the league and the Indians weren't immune to it.

I honestly think the Rangers will get them next time. Dyson was great all last year, and a hero in the WBC just last month, even getting complements from Pedro Martinez!

The Rangers have a great opportunity to even up their record and make gains against the California teams. They don't have to play the Astros until May. If they can get it together before then, watch out Astros. And, watch out Indians because June 26 may sneak up on you.

Again, it wasn't as bad as it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post
                          So, except for some anamolous, freaky poor pitching from Dyson, we played the World Champions really tight. That's just not like Sam Dyson at all.
                          Valid argument. However, Dyson's outings weren't just bad, they were really bad. Walking in a runner is unacceptable on a contending team with at least three other alternative candidates on the roster and a fourth in AAA. If he can neither throw strikes nor keep the ball in the ballpark, he shouldn't be closing as those are the two most important responsibilities of your closer. I don't think they'll make the move immediately, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them start giving other guys some save opportunities sooner rather than later if Dyson doesn't right the ship quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerDude2016 View Post

Valid argument. However, Dyson's outings weren't just bad, they were really bad. Walking in a runner is unacceptable on a contending team with at least three other alternative candidates on the roster and a fourth in AAA. If he can neither throw strikes nor keep the ball in the ballpark, he shouldn't be closing as those are the two most important responsibilities of your closer. I don't think they'll make the move immediately, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them start giving other guys some save opportunities sooner rather than later if Dyson doesn't right the ship quickly.
                            ......agree, but how quickly do you give up on a guy with a successful history of getting the job done? Considering his performance in the WBC, how long should his leash be?
                            Upon acquiring Greg Goosen on waivers from the Dodgers, Mets Manager, Casey Stengel introduced him with "This is Greg Goosen. He's 19 years old, and in 10 years he's got a chance to be 29 ".

Comment

Originally posted by wufdog View Post

......agree, but how quickly do you give up on a guy with a successful history of getting the job done? Considering his performance in the WBC, how long should his leash be?
                              I think demotion is not really giving up on a guy. If he is mentally challenged by that he is not your closer anyway. It requires mental toughness to do the job. he just may need a mental break to get back under control.

Comment

Working...
                              X