No announcement yet.

DDJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Deshields approached his off-season with definite goals in mind, like to loose weight, work on his batting eye and focus on his speed game. If his defense improves, too, he could have a great season. He seems to have the right attitude about it all. This could really be big for Rangers fans!

Comment

love this version of DDJ

Comment

A big performance rebound by DDJ in regular starts in LF could be just the edge the Rangers need to keep ahead of the rest of the AL West. Makes me excited for the start of the regular season...as Jamey is fond of saying: "Let's Go!"

Comment

Originally posted by Redcap View Post
          If he's got the foot speed to play shortstop he has the speed to handle center.
          Quickness is different than speed. I don't expect Profar will ever be asked to play CF.

Comment

Given I'm not terribly optimistic that Napoli, Odor, or Gomez can replicate last season's performance, I think DDJ will end up being a key player to the Rangers offense. Texas lacks a true leadoff hitter that's a hole DDJ needs to flourish in.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerDude2016 View Post
              Given I'm not terribly optimistic that Napoli, Odor, or Gomez can replicate last season's performance, I think DDJ will end up being a key player to the Rangers offense. Texas lacks a true leadoff hitter that's a hole DDJ needs to flourish in.
              The problem with predicting such disaster is it simply does not work that way. For every player that does not reach expectations usually there is another player who exceeds expectations. It's very rare that three quarters of the players on a team disappoint. The truth is that even a full season is a small sample size. Looking at their greater body of work would give you a better perspective on what they can do, with younger players a little more likely to improve and older ones a little more likely to fade. We have a great mix of older and younger players, a solid bench and some pitching depth in the wings to keep the team strong all season, plus we have an ownership group who has proved willing to add at the deadline. This should be a great team this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post

The problem with predicting such disaster is it simply does not work that way. For every player that does not reach expectations usually there is another player who exceeds expectations.
                I suppose for every player who underperforms relative to their expectations there is another player who exceeds their own personal expectations. I suppose if Odor disappoints, Profar could step in and potentially replace Odor's production. I don't think Texas has anyone who can reproduce Napoli or Gomez's expected production should they flop however.

But I don't mean to bring us off topic. I'm just saying I believe DDJ is the guy who is most equipped to break out and Texas needs him to do exactly that. Especially if Choo gets hurt and/or Gomez is a fluke. Unless we want to bat Profar or Andrus leadoff.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerDude2016 View Post

I suppose for every player who underperforms relative to their expectations there is another player who exceeds their own personal expectations. I suppose if Odor disappoints, Profar could step in and potentially replace Odor's production. I don't think Texas has anyone who can reproduce Napoli or Gomez's expected production should they flop however.

But I don't mean to bring us off topic. I'm just saying I believe DDJ is the guy who is most equipped to break out and Texas needs him to do exactly that. Especially if Choo gets hurt and/or Gomez is a fluke. Unless we want to bat Profar or Andrus leadoff.
                  Andrus had our best OBP last year. It would not be a bad decision, but I'd like to see DDJ earn it. Banister had a batting lineup recently that had DDJ leading off and Andrus batting second.

Comment

What was in delino's ear that fell when odor and Andrus showered him!!

Comment

Great AB by DeShields to end the game tonight. Let's see more of that and fewer four- and five-pitch strikeouts.

Comment

he probably needs to lead off. Drop gomez out of that slot. he is not getting it done there

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post
                          he probably needs to lead off. Drop gomez out of that slot. he is not getting it done there
                          I'd be OK with that. However, there's a positional log jam there. I'm sure we will see Delino rewarded with more at bats this weekend/next week, though.

Comment

I've thought this whole time that after the spring DDJ had they should have let him leadoff for at least a couple of weeks to see if he really is breaking out. Regardless of last night's game, DDJ could be a real weapon if he gets on base enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post

I've thought this whole time that after the spring DDJ had they should have let him leadoff for at least a couple of weeks to see if he really is breaking out. Regardless of last night's game, DDJ could be a real weapon if he gets on base enough.
                              agreed. He was in a great groove and adds a lot at the top of the lineup if he gets on base. They need to see what they have there.

Comment

agreed. He was in a great groove and adds a lot at the top of the lineup if he gets on base. They need to see what they have there.
                                The problem is the same could be said of Profar, and playing one keeps the other on the bench. I don't need to see anymore of Ryan Rua. He's got nothing. But just juggling Profar and DeShields is still going to be tough. I don't know how you do it in a way that keeps both engaged and productive.

Comment

Working...
                                X