DDJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDJ

I know it's still early, but IF DDJ can reproduce or increase on his 2015 production, do we move him to lead off and slide Gomez down?

Originally posted by Loneguitar View Post
    I know it's still early, but IF DDJ can reproduce or increase on his 2015 production, do we move him to lead off and slide Gomez down?
    That happened yesterday. Made me wonder if Bannister was test driving. If Gomez can hit .300 with power why not bat him 3rd? I'm loving DDJ's resurgence.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking. If Gomez can even give us high .280s with power and DDJ can give us high OBP it makes more sense. I think when DDJ showed up his lighter fleet footed self Banny had to stop and think. Plus he should be solid in LF.

Comment

It gives Banny a problem though. Profar is looking good in the WBC. Where do you put him? A nice problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by stemyn View Post
          It gives Banny a problem though. Profar is looking good in the WBC. Where do you put him? A nice problem to have.
          It is the closest we have been to the year in which Young became the supersub and the team traded for Napoli. Remember how mad Young was thinking he was going to lose AB's? Supposedly, we had "too much talent" for everyone to get enough AB's. However, it worked out perfectly and kept everyone rested.

(Personally, however, I think it will be a waste to bring Robinson to Arlington this year. I think he needs to spend the year developing into the supersub role as a hitter / fielder. Then, in 2018 he takes Profar's place in that role and the infield glut gets fixed with whoever is traded (Profar / Andrus) bringing back a young SP. Don't waste Robinson's year sitting on the bench practically unused.)

Comment

Or Profar becomes the Rangers' starting centerfielder next year.

Comment

just dont think profar can handle CF in arlington at the very least. He just doesnt have the speed.

Comment

we are at least seeing the hyper competiveness from profar everyone talked about during his minor league career. He really has been hurt by his utilization in the big leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post
                  just dont think profar can handle CF in arlington at the very least. He just doesnt have the speed.
                  If he's got the foot speed to play shortstop he has the speed to handle center.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcap View Post

I don't think speed is necessarily what makes a great centerfielder as much as reading fly balls and picking the smartest routes. I'm guessing LF may be a safer spot for him in the OF, but I don't think I've ever seen him play the OF.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcap View Post

did you see his throw last night to end the game. if you didnt it would answer your question for you. also your assumption regarding speed at SS versus CF is really off. SS rely primarily on quickness as they only need to cover 10-20 yards either way. CF requires a 30 plus yard burst especially in arlington.
                      Last edited by rainag; 03-21-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

MLB Spring training:

1st : SB 11 (0 CS), Sac 3
                        3rd: BB 12

Comment

If DDJ comes out of the gate playing like that in the regular season I think you have to leave in LF until/unless he plays his way out of the position.

Comment

"I feel like I am better than 2015," DeShields said. "I am happy with a lot of stuff, but there are still some things I can improve upon."

Most impressive is DeShields has played well from the beginning of camp. There are players who get hot early in camp and cool off once pitchers find their rhythm and stuff. DeShields has not been an early spring wonder.

"I want to be consistent with what I do," DeShields said. "Every opportunity I get, I want to be as consistent as I can. I know the work I did in the offseason is paying off. I just keep grinding."

http://m.rangers.mlb.com/news/articl...es-hot-spring/

Comment

Jeff Wilson @JeffWilson_FWST
                              Among other things in The Surprise Five from Monday is the DDDU (Daily Delino DeShields Update).

It has resulted in an outstanding spring for DeShields, who is a perfect 12 for 12 in stolen base attempts. And he’s getting on base, too. He leads the club with 14 walks, including two more in Monday’s game against the Rockies.

His .413 on-base percentage (through Sunday’s game) leads all every-day Rangers’ players.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/...141086913.html

1st in MLB: SB (12), BB (14) and Sac (3)
                              9th: OBP
                              Last edited by mingjungtc; 03-28-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X