Who is our next TORP Pitching Prospect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tepid Participation said about Kela:
    He is nice. He takes a lot of time with fans and has worked very hard to smooth out (most of) his rough edges. In general, I'm proud of him.

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post

you dont know this so once again you are way over the top in your comments. JD was ready to bring him up this weekend if bush couldnt go. He said he has met all expectations since his demotion. JD seemed to feel he had gotten the point.
      I know at least one of his teammates called him out as a clubhouse cancer and several were very unhappy with him. You don't earn that kind of heat in one day.

I hope he has improved his attitude. He's an extraordinarily talented guy and the Rangers need him. But it's not easy to piss people off as badly as he apparently did this spring.

Comment

Kela get credit for a full year of service time if he is up all season.

Comment

otani and arrieta solves the sterter problem

Comment

otani and arrieta solves the sterter problem
            Of course, the probability of getting either of those guys -- much less both -- is very low.

Comment

Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post
              Kela get credit for a full year of service time if he is up all season.
              What is the cutoff point? I thought it was coming up later this week but I wasn't sure.

Comment

you dont know this so once again you are way over the top in your comments. JD was ready to bring him up this weekend if bush couldnt go. He said he has met all expectations since his demotion. JD seemed to feel he had gotten the point.
                I don't put a lot of stock in the "clubhouse cancer" comments if the player who allegedly said it wouldn't put their name behind it. Also Kela was in the majors for two full years before this happened, if he really was a problem you would have had some hint of it before this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post

What is the cutoff point? I thought it was coming up later this week but I wasn't sure.
                  I am not sure...

Service Time: http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/service-time

Each Major League regular season will consist of 187 days starting in 2018. A player is deemed to have reached "one year" of Major League service upon accruing 172 days in a given year.

I thought 04/03~04/16 was still less than 187-172

I just noticed : (typically 183 days in previous years).

So I think I was wrong about this

Under the 2017-21 Collective Bargaining Agreement, any player who violates the drug program will no longer receive Major League Service during his suspension, unless his suspension is reduced by 20 or more games under the mitigation provision of the program.
                  Last edited by mingjungtc; 04-18-2017, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post

Of course, the probability of getting either of those guys -- much less both -- is very low.
                    otani wont be about money. They have been following as long as any other team. They had scouted him before the change in compensation. Arrieta would be perfect but there are many other options if they choose to pursue. This team has resources and seems as though they are willing to use them. we will see how they deploy them

Comment

• Originally posted by mingjungtc View Post

Each Major League regular season will consist of 187 days starting in 2018. A player is deemed to have reached "one year" of Major League service upon accruing 172 days in a given year.

I thought 04/03~04/16 was still less than 187-172
                      Thanks, I wasn't completely sure either but it really seems like Kela's punishment was to be in the minors just long enough to lose a FA year. They play that game well, when Derek Holland first made the team they kept him in the minors just long enough to prevent that year accruing.

Comment

• Originally posted by rainag View Post

otani wont be about money. They have been following as long as any other team. They had scouted him before the change in compensation. Arrieta would be perfect but there are many other options if they choose to pursue. This team has resources and seems as though they are willing to use them. we will see how they deploy them
                        We'll have like $50 million come off the books. Must land an ace to keep this thing going. And kick the can down the road another year on growing a starter ourselves

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby Harrah View Post

We'll have like $50 million come off the books. Must land an ace to keep this thing going. And kick the can down the road another year on growing a starter ourselves
                          I've mentioned trading Andrus to free up money but don't think its likely, another thing to consider is that Choo will have 3 years and 62 Million left on his contract after this season. Its not hard to picture a scenario where the Rangers eat half of that to trade him and free up 30MM in doing so.

Comment

• Also two good outings from guys mentioned in the OP, Sadzeck had 5.2 IP with no ER and 7 baserunners, Demarcus Evans had 1 ER in 4 IP, 5 baserunners and 5 K's.

Comment

• Darvish isn't worth what he's going to get in the free agent market. If a team comes calling about trading for him with some young pitchers involved, I am not hanging up the phone.
                              Last edited by RangersBamBam; 04-19-2017, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RangersBamBam View Post
                                Darvish isn't worth what he's going to get in the free agent market. If a team comes calling about trading for him with some young pitchers involved, I am not hanging up the phone.
                                I thought they were supposedly simplifying his pitch arsenal. It still seems like he isn't always 100% with what he is delivering pitch after pitch.

That being said, if Darvish is supposedly an ace, you don't pull him in the 6th last night. I know what was said and was watching as he was missing pitches. However, to be an ace, you have to buckle down and get your team through that 6th inning at a minimum. It's crazy to think Banister and Brocail were willing to let Dyson try to prove himself but can do so with the defacto ace of this rotation.

Comment

Working...
                                X