No announcement yet.

Who is our next TORP Pitching Prospect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Game 5 in Toronto was the best the best thing that ever happened to Elvis. It sucked at the time, but it was probably necessary to get his career back on track. He needed a kick in the pants at that time, and that game certainly seems to have done the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by texassooner1 View Post
      I would love to free up the money but he may be playing his way back into the long term future here.
      I doubt they do it unless Profar totally forces their hand, but I can definitely see the upside. You get some trade return for him, you have Profar a SS as a lesser player initially but one who is better in the long term IMO. Then if the money saved is the difference in resigning Lucroy and Darvish, you really have to like the move.

That said, I think the odds of it are something like 25%.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaisersoze View Post

I doubt they do it unless Profar totally forces their hand, but I can definitely see the upside. You get some trade return for him, you have Profar a SS as a lesser player initially but one who is better in the long term IMO. Then if the money saved is the difference in resigning Lucroy and Darvish, you really have to like the move.

That said, I think the odds of it are something like 25%.
        The problem with that is Profar only has 2 more years until FA. If he establishes himself then the contract he would demand would offset the Elvis savings. And what would the return be players wise for a trade of each? It seems that the risk vs reward has almost permanently tilted in elvis favor

Comment

Unless Banister gets his sh** together and benches Dyson, then the Rangers will be trading Lucroy and Darvish at the deadline for a good sized handful of prospects.

Comment

banister is really effing up the season. May really reload the whole farm system though. Lots to trade at mid season. His butt buddy with his pitching charts brocail is his brother in arms ditching the season. He is a big time loser

Comment

The team will be fine. There's too much fight and talent. Dyson just needs to be demoted and the whole bullpen needs retooling. Just like every year since forever our bullpen has questions to start the year. Big deal

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Harrah View Post
                The team will be fine. There's too much fight and talent. Dyson just needs to be demoted and the whole bullpen needs retooling. Just like every year since forever our bullpen has questions to start the year. Big deal
                I agree, Dyson will straighten things out in time but likely be a 7th inning guy for a while.

Also it really looks like they will keep Keone Kela in the minors for two weeks to ding him a full year toward arbitration and free agency, so he should be back up soon.

Comment

I wouldn't trust him with the 7th inning. He needs to be a mop up reliever.

Comment

I agree, Dyson will straighten things out in time but likely be a 7th inning guy for a while.

Also it really looks like they will keep Keone Kela in the minors for two weeks to ding him a full year toward arbitration and free agency, so he should be back up soon.
                    I disagree with handling it that way. He obviously has an issue but when hamilton needed help they gave him a mentor. They should handle kela the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post

I disagree with handling it that way. He obviously has an issue but when hamilton needed help they gave him a mentor. They should handle kela the same way.
                      Kela had mentors in the major league clubhouse for the last two years and he showed enough of an ego that the same mentors called him out on it. Hamilton's problem wasn't ego, it was that if he went on another drub bender he would literally be dead a week later.

This punishment does seem like a lot, but there may be more to the story than we know. Also it will save the team millions of dollars over the long run and send a major signal to other young players. Plus Kela will be back later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Harrah View Post
                        I agree with this. Maybe Banister will finally see the light and realize Dyson at best is our second mop-up pitcher behind Hauschild. At least Hauschild will throw a strike. Did Dyson throw more than one strike all yesterday? I think I remember one, but can't recall more than that. I was peaking between my fingers watching him when I didn't have my eyes completely closed. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it's hard not to be. Getting swept by the Mariners as not fun.

Comment

Kela had mentors in the major league clubhouse for the last two years and he showed enough of an ego that the same mentors called him out on it. Hamilton's problem wasn't ego, it was that if he went on another drub bender he would literally be dead a week later.

This punishment does seem like a lot, but there may be more to the story than we know. Also it will save the team millions of dollars over the long run and send a major signal to other young players. Plus Kela will be back later this week.
                          who was assigned? You cant make that comment if you do not know it for a fact. Kela had a bad upbringing. Had to rely on himself on the mean streets of LA against gangs. It is not right to punish him financially unless the team has done everything they can to help him. Get him a psycologist and go through anger training. Any corporation would do the same thing if they had a valuable asset.

Comment

Originally posted by rainag View Post

who was assigned? You cant make that comment if you do not know it for a fact. Kela had a bad upbringing. Had to rely on himself on the mean streets of LA against gangs. It is not right to punish him financially unless the team has done everything they can to help him. Get him a psycologist and go through anger training. Any corporation would do the same thing if they had a valuable asset.
                            The issue with Kela wasn't anger, it was him acting entitled and dogging it in a B game. That doesn't require a life coach or psychotherapist.

And Kela went to High School in Compton but that area of the last 6 - 10 years is totally different than what people think of when they see South Central in the movies. Its been a lower middle class Latino neighborhood for a while now, it isn't that bad and certainly isn't an excuse for not acting like a professional in a spring training game.

The point is that Kela is a three year veteran now and if he doesn't act like it he will deal with the consequences. And by all accounts, he is.
                            Last edited by Kaisersoze; 04-17-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

The issue with Kela wasn't anger, it was him acting entitled and dogging it in a B game. That doesn't require a life coach or psychotherapist.

And Kela went to High School in Compton but that area of the last 6 - 10 years is totally different than what people think of when they see South Central in the movies. Its been a lower middle class Latino neighborhood for a while now, it isn't that bad and certainly isn't an excuse for not acting like a professional in a spring training game.

The point is that Kela is a three year veteran now and if he doesn't act like it he will deal with the consequences. And by all accounts, he is.
                              I think his behavior in that B game is symptomatic of a much bigger problem. It sounds like he's just an a-hole. When your teammates don't want you around and call you a clubhouse cancer to reporters, it's about much more than one incident.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy8517 View Post

I think his behavior in that B game is symptomatic of a much bigger problem. It sounds like he's just an a-hole. When your teammates don't want you around and call you a clubhouse cancer to reporters, it's about much more than one incident.
                                you dont know this so once again you are way over the top in your comments. JD was ready to bring him up this weekend if bush couldnt go. He said he has met all expectations since his demotion. JD seemed to feel he had gotten the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X