Our Advertisers Help Support The Newberg Report Adams & Company Real Estate - Exceptional Properities of North Texas    
Why are all the white guys leaving? - The Newberg Report

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are all the white guys leaving?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerryred View Post
    lets talk about the trade, I really like it for the rangers get two good players, it gives leoyns martin the chance to have the center field spot to himself. they gave us there second best prospect and 90 overall prospect in Michael Choice who is going to be are LF/RF of the future, who is a cheaper nelson cruz and also 2B Chris Bostick has some power too and is only 20 yrs old and has a lot of potential, who we could use in a trade later in time or could be our future 2B
    Or could Bostick be a future 3B or 1B?

Comment

I think Bostik is trade bait he is blocked by Odor. Choice I really like. Gentry has shown what he was great speed great glove good arm but limited power. Choice has plus speed, plus bat, decent glove and decent arm. I will take it for LF.

Comment

Originally posted by guitargod5348 View Post
        I think Bostik is trade bait he is blocked by Odor. Choice I really like. Gentry has shown what he was great speed great glove good arm but limited power. Choice has plus speed, plus bat, decent glove and decent arm. I will take it for LF.
        ......Choice doesn't appear to be a SB threat.
        Upon acquiring Greg Goosen on waivers from the Dodgers, Mets Manager, Casey Stengel introduced him with "This is Greg Goosen. He's 19 years old, and in 10 years he's got a chance to be 29 ".

Comment

he could play 3B, he got a strong arm from what I heard about him, idk about 1B

Comment

I assume this most recent acquisition will subside any thoughts that Cruz could be coming back as anything more than DH? And probably not even that.

Comment

he wont be back if he wants 4yrs 75 mil

Comment

Originally posted by guitargod5348 View Post
                Rangers got the A's #2 prospect in Choice and #17 Prospect in Bostik both have power. Bostik played in high A last season and Choice was a September call up. Not sure that Choice will be ready for the 14 season. But with Gentry gone Beltre now gets more playing time and he is cheaper. Basically the same player as Gentry.
                Tap the freaking brakes on Beltre being the same player as Gentry...
                Last edited by murphy3; 12-03-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

tap the brakes even!

Comment

How do you count Kurt Suzuki?

Comment

he is not the same player but now you give Leoyns Martin the chance to go in to spring training knowing that cf is his spot

Comment

Originally posted by xintx View Post
                        tap the brakes even!
                        ha...yeah, tap those too.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryred View Post
                          he is not the same player but now you give Leoyns Martin the chance to go in to spring training knowing that cf is his spot
                          I'm pretty sure he already knew that...

Comment

Another evidence the Ranger FO never saw Gentry as a fulltime player. Evidence that the A's FO does. Gentry is the 4th OF'er now and fulltime CF in Oakland in 2015.

Comment

no he didn't, last year he had to split time with gentry and he knew he was going to this year too till gentry got traded

Comment

As long as you Texans and Californians have Latinos doing all the team's heavy lifting...I'd guess you'll have no problems with "such a preponderance. "

Speaking as an Alaskan I'm primarily concerned that there are as many African-Americans as Gringos. Which I say with some relief...the ratio is now closer to 1:1. That's the metric we Eskimos monitor before we ask for more Obama money to buy Japanese snow machines.
                                Last edited by ProfarMVP; 12-03-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X