Our Advertisers Help Support The Newberg Report Adams & Company Real Estate - Exceptional Properities of North Texas    
Albert Pujols Home Run Watch - The Newberg Report

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Albert Pujols Home Run Watch

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Pujols Home Run Watch

Pujols still has not hit a home run. I just checked. What's the over/under on that? I'l go with May 18th against the Padres.

I'm interested to see if he gets one before a pitcher this year.

Comment

I am going with April 29. Won't be too much longer. But, it will come in another LAA loss. And Vernon Wells will K 3 times while going 0-4 and seeing 8 total pitches, so AP's HR doesn't change much about the LAA offense.

Comment

Will say he hits one before the 29th of April. I hate to say it but his numbers have gone down since the new testing has been put in place. He has also gotten older so I am not sure which one it is. He needs to also figure out the AL.
        President and CEO of the Montana Texas Ranger fan club!

Comment

I feel like we should be pulling for him to hit one. You know, kind of like in the olympics when that guy finished the marathon after getting injured. : )

I've always respected Albert because he seems like a nice guy who plays baseball the right way. It's just too bad I'll never be able to cheer for him again.
          Buy a shirt and help support my wife and I as we adopt our daughter Lily Grace! www.adoptionbug.com/lilygrace/

Comment

Originally posted by kennyt12 View Post
            I feel like we should be pulling for him to hit one. You know, kind of like in the olympics when that guy finished the marathon after getting injured. : )

I've always respected Albert because he seems like a nice guy who plays baseball the right way. It's just too bad I'll never be able to cheer for him again.
            I won't cheer for him, but I won't boo him. There is only one player I boo. He has earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by stemyn View Post
              I won't cheer for him, but I won't boo him. There is only one player I boo. He has earned it.
              Is that Arod? I'd boo Teix too!
              Buy a shirt and help support my wife and I as we adopt our daughter Lily Grace! www.adoptionbug.com/lilygrace/

Comment

Originally posted by Swabbie View Post
                Will say he hits one before the 29th of April. I hate to say it but his numbers have gone down since the new testing has been put in place. He has also gotten older so I am not sure which one it is. He needs to also figure out the AL.
                That is total BS. Not dogging you Swabbie, but this excuse about "figuring out the AL" is justification for sucking. Prince Fielder isn't have much trouble with that. Sure Prince only has 2, but his OBP is 100 pts higher and him being on a better team isn't the reason is he producing while AP is not.

Pujols is in decline, plain and simple. I say he hits one this week, but it will be a meaningless HR in an Angel loss.

Comment

Screw Pujols.

Comment

I don't know why everyone is so excited about this. There's no way a guy like him ends up with less than 35 HRs unless he's hiding an injury. All this means is that he's gonna blow up for a 12 HR month pretty soon. My guess is May.
                    Sixty percent of the time, I'm right every time.

Comment

Is that Arod? I'd boo Teix too!
                      Why boo Teixeira? Forcing the Rangers to trade him has result in two really good starters and a great shortstop. I'm glad it happened that way. I'd hate to be without Harrison, Feliz, and Andrus and still have Teixeira with a huge contract.

Comment

Boo Teixeira because he's not a guy that's easy to like... good enough reason for me. And, he's a Yankee.

Comment

Originally posted by murphy3 View Post
                          Boo Teixeira because he's not a guy that's easy to like... good enough reason for me. And, he's a Yankee.
                          And Teix didn't want to be a Ranger for life..of course at the time he was here who could blame him...

Comment

Originally posted by RangersApologist View Post
                            And Teix didn't want to be a Ranger for life..of course at the time he was here who could blame him...
                            Me.........

Comment

Poo Holes can go piss up a rope too.

He's yesterday's news.
                              "The Bill of Rights, jazz music and baseball...That's all we'll be remembered for anyway."

Comment

Working...
                              X