Success + Darvish = Spring Training Mad House

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success + Darvish = Spring Training Mad House

Took my 4-year old to spring training two years ago and there weren't a ton of fans. It was very easy to access all the big leaguers on the back fields. They'd even stop and talk as they walked between fields. My son has photos with all the big guns (CJ even held him and they both pretended to be Superman).

Took him this past spring and it was a totally different story. Total circus. Players sprinted from field to field or snuck around to avoid the massive crowds. Players were still way more accessible than they are during the regular season, but guess that's what a World Series appearance will do for ya. Here's a vid I made of my family trip there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL6uU...1&feature=plcp.

Heading back out this spring and expect it to be a total madhouse. Especially w/ the legions of new Darvish fans and media on the scene. Heard we should expect Japanese paparazzi and hordes of fans to come out of the woodwork to catch a glimpse of him. Will be interesting to see.

If this is the cost of being good, I'll take that every time. Looking forward to another exciting season. Spring Training can't get here soon enough!

Man, that tyke has a strong arm. Don't let the Angels or Yankees scouts see him.

Comment

Success brings the bandwagon fans out.. I love the Rangers but 400+ showing up for Murphy & Hunter last year for caravan stop was insane! Still wish that Chuck Morgan and rest of team catches up and do us a solid and post Fan Fest & caravan stops so we can plan. Cards/Cubs/White Sox already have names and info listed
      And the Rangers, well, they dominate the Astros year in and year out. If Rick Perry really does lead a secession effort, can we put Dallas and Houston into different states so we don't have to keep calling them Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder1 View Post
        Man, that tyke has a strong arm. Don't let the Angels or Yankees scouts see him.
        He's got a hell of a swing, too!
        FIRE RON WASHINGTON!!

Comment

Yeah if Yu are going to spring training Yu better get everything booked quickly, or Yu are likely to be staying a long ways away!
          Last edited by MushMouthMike; 12-29-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MushMouthMike View Post
            Yeah if Yu are going to spring training Yu better get everything booked quickly, or Yu are likely to be staying a long ways away!
            Ha! Nice puns. I think we're going to hear more puns than we can handle from Norm this season.

Yeah, we're staying at the Holiday Inn next to the stadium. Good place to stay because that's actually where a ton of the players stay, surprisingly. We took elevator rides w/ CJ, Neftali, Julio, Alexi, Blanco and a few others I'm blanking on now. Best part about that hotel is the green field it's adjacent to that separates it from the Surprise stadium. Perfect place to play ball after morning workouts and after the afternoon games. They usually keep the lights on until 10 at night too, so you can even play under the lights.

Comment

Working...
            X