1 * OLB Whitney Mercilus Illinois OLB Courtney Upshaw OLB Melvin Ingram
2 DE Jared Crick Nebraska
3 CB Casey Hayward Vanderbilt
3a * OC Phillip Blake Baylor
4 TE Michael Egnew Missouri
4a WR Ryan Broyles Oklahoma
5 FS Aaron Henry Wisconsin
6 MLB / RB / CB
7 DL / OL
1. MERCILUS: OLB is a need. I don't believe the cowboys have any intention of giving Spencer a long term deal, partially because he isn't expected to get better and they can probably do as well with someone out of the draft. I love Mercilus but he doesn't have a lot of starting experience. I like Upshaw but I think he will be a Spencer clone so I role the dice on Mercilus.
2. CRICK: I love this guy. He is starting caliber, may make it to them in the 2nd. Before the season he was projected first round. He would immediately step into the rotation and set them up next year with Crick on one side and Lissemore on the other.
3. HAYWARD: Nice pickup in the third. Solid slot corner, could be more. I like Minnefield too but the Cowboys brought this guy in.
3 (a). BLAKE: With the pick they receive in trade they pick up there starting Center. Blake starts with Nagy behind him and Costa moves to swing guard. Incidentally I don't see Arkin as a failure and think he will push for a starting spot at Guard this year or next.
4. EGNEW: They need a TE. There is nothing I like after the first 4 or 5 and this is the last one on the list. May not be here though.
4. BROYLES: Some say as high as 3rd rounder, some say he is a 5th. I think his surgery and his lack of true speed will hurt his stock but I think he has nice potential in the slot. I could also see the Cowboys using this pick on WR Fuller from A&M.
5. HENRY: I think Henry falls from what I think is 3rd round talent. I really like this kid and this would be a steal. If no safeties were available and the RB Ganaway from Baylor or LB Carder from TCU were still on the board I would snap them up.
MARK BARRON: I would be shocked. He is an in the box safety and over the last 4-5 years the Cowboys have repeatedly stated they want safeties that can cover and play both free/strong. I support that idea. They need a ball hawk if they are going to take one this high.
DONTARIO POE: I would be beyond shocked. He has huge bust written all over him. Great numbers but what little I saw him play, he was a non-issue. His team was horrible against the run in a weak league. No thank you.
DRE KIRKPATRICK: I was very high on him until they signed Carr. CB is still a need but I don't know if they go first round with it. I would not be upset with this pick though.