Ballpark Improvements and the Jet Stream

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpark Improvements and the Jet Stream

Hmm. I seem to have inadvertently masked or deleted my text.

My question is whether the new, much-expanded portal to the field level seats behind home plate might diminish the jet stream and restore it to its more-temperate, pre-Gold Club intensity. I looked at the renovation webcam on the Rangers website and it seems big enough to allow some flow-through for the swirling southerly wind. I'm hoping that might suggest more balanced park effects.

Originally posted by tdwalla View Post
    Hmm. I seem to have inadvertently masked or deleted my text.

My question is whether the new, much-expanded portal to the field level seats behind home plate might diminish the jet stream and restore it to its more-temperate, pre-Gold Club intensity. I looked at the renovation webcam on the Rangers website and it seems big enough to allow some flow-through for the swirling southerly wind. I'm hoping that might suggest more balanced park effects.
    One can hope.
    "The Bill of Rights, jazz music and baseball...That's all we'll be remembered for anyway."

Comment

I hope so. The gold club is probably the worst part of the Hicks legacy

Comment

The best (worst?) new ballpark foods for 2015

SímOreo (Texas Rangers): Itís a deep fried marshmallow surrounded by two deep fried Oreos topped with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Good God, that sounds good. And itís practically bite sized so you wonít have as much as guilt as you would eating, say, the churro dog. Unless you eat three SímOreos, for which I totally will not judge you.

Chicken-fried corn on the cob (Texas Rangers): The Rangers strike again, taking a perfectly healthy corn on the cob and slathering it in buttermilk batter before tossing it in the deep fryer. It sounds like it might be hard to eat, but Iím willing to take that risk.

ďJust BaconĒ food stand (Texas Rangers): The Rangers are intent on riding the bacon fad as far as it will take them, opening up a stand in the ballpark dedicated to nothing but. Theyíll sell candied bacon in a mini Rangers helmet, bacon cotton candy, even bacon beer. Everything on the menu sounds like a great idea until you actually try it, probably. But Iíll try a bacon beer. For science.

http://bloguin.com/theoutsidecorner/...oods-2015.html

Comment

Working...
        X